A Complete Mistrea -

Chapter 1

Mistrea pulled in to the drive way at the side of the house and parked the car. She’d been driving for two days and now all she wanted was a hot bath and a lie down. She took a moment to look at the house and the surrounding area, the house itself was made of wood and sandstone. It was strong and from what Mistrea had been told it was old, very old.

It had an upstairs level and a loft above it, there were two balconies one off the loft and another off one of the bedrooms both overlooking the lake that lay opposite the house. The house itself was somewhat isolated, situated at the end of a road sitting close to a forested area. Mistrea smiled, this was exactly what she wanted, what she needed.

All her life Mistrea had been told stories of this house, of this town and its people. She had no idea if she was doing the right thing by moving here, but what she did know, was she that she was drawn here. Peace and quiet was what she’d been craving for some time as well as open space. She hoped she’d soon be able to call this house and the town of Ransom home.

Mistrea already felt calmer than she had in a long time. She blew out a breath and moved back to the car, she needed to unpack and get organised. She needed to at least get somewhat settled before nightfall.

With this in mind Mistrea grabbed her hand bag off the seat beside her and headed for the front door of the old two story house that was to be her home. It didn’t take long for her to start moving things from the car to the house, but she hadn’t realised how heavy some of the boxes were.

Mistrea was struggling to pull a particularly heavy box of stationary closer so she could get a good grip on it and drag it out the back of her four-wheel-drive. She’d finally got a good hold when she fell backwards. She braced herself knowing she was about to hit the ground, but was surprised to find herself being scooped up into someone’s arms.

“Whoa!” she called out.

“It’s okay lady I’ve got you!”

The next think she knew Mistrea was back on her feet and looking up at a hunky young guy. Okay a hunky teenager. She also noted that there were two more hunks, one either side of him, “Thanks,” she said and offered him her hand.

He shook it, “I’m Kyle, this is Dylan and Reece,” he indicated the guys standing either side of him. “Would you like us to take the rest of this stuff inside for you?”

She smiled, “I’m Mistrea it’s nice to meet you all. Umm,” she thought for a moment, “I tell you what, if you guys put everything in the right rooms so it’s easier for me when I unpack and if you aren’t in a hurry to get home for dinner I’ll spring for pizza. That is if one of you knows an Italian restaurant or pizza place that delivers. What do you say?”

She jumped when she received a chorus of, “No problem!” and they grinned at her before taking charge and moving the boxes into the house.

“I wrote what room I want each box to go it but if you’re not sure just yell,” she called after them.

Mistrea was grateful that the house had come fully furnished and that it had a large office space in the loft. She watched as they moved everything inside and supervised Kyle as he placed all her office equipment in the loft. In less than forty minutes they’d brought everything in and done as she’d asked and place each box where she needed it to be.

 “Okay so who knows where we can get pizza?”

Dylan pulled out his mobile phone, “I got a number just tell me what to order?”