Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next couple of days went without incident, but Mistrea found she missed the classroom more and more. With this in mind she called Jonathan Winthrop to set up a day and time to meet with him in regards to what he could offer her teaching wise.

Mistrea dialled and waited for Mr Winthrop to answer. “Hello, this is Jonathan Winthrop how can I help you?”

His cheerful manner put her at ease, “Mr Winthrop, its Mistrea Larkin. I wanted to speak to you about my visiting your University.”

“Please call me Jonathan. I was really hoping you’d call; I’m fairly busy the next few days. How are you time wise for Friday? ”

“Friday’s fine for me, I was thinking of getting there early and spending the weekend to check out the town as well as the University. I don’t suppose you know of a good hotel I could stay at?”

“There are a few good hotels here. How about I check them out, see which one I think is best and text you the name and number.”

Mistrea smiled, “Thank you Jonathan I’d appreciate it.”

“Oh and if you’ll be here early you might want to sit in on one of the lectures. It might give you a feel for what we do here.”

She couldn’t help but laugh, “And give you the opportunity to sell the place to me right?”

He laughed as well, “Right!”

“I’ll let you know when I’ve arrived and we can meet up to discuss the possibility of me doing a bit of teaching for you.”

She hung up and suddenly realised she was supposed to meet up with her kids on Saturday. “Shoot!” She sent Kyle a text asking him to call when he could. She sat down at her desk to do some writing. It didn’t take long for Jonathan to get back to her and she immediately called the hotel and booked a room for Friday through to Sunday morning.

Kyle called at lunchtime concern in his voice, “Mistrea, are you okay… is everything all right?”

“Oh course Kyle but umm I can’t meet with you guys on Saturday, and you please talk to everyone and see if they can meet Wednesday after school instead?”

“No problem, but why?”

“I’m heading out of town on Friday and I’ll be away all weekend.”

“Okay Mistrea I’ll let everyone know. I gotta to go, see you this afternoon.”

                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the week went quickly, her kids as she was now calling them were able to meet with her on the Wednesday and were all pleased with the feedback they’d gotten for the assessments they’d given her last time they were together.

Mistrea had been impressed, especially with Sarah. She showed promise if she was looking at becoming a writer. She had nothing to do with Zac and his people, she lived in town and this made Mistrea smile. At least I’ll be able to give you all the support you need and he won’t be able to do a damn thing about it.

Mistrea shook off thoughts of her kids and Zac Hunt and got moving. She wanted to leave as early as possible for the town of Westgate. Mistrea wasn’t meeting with Jonathan until ten o’clock, giving her time to settle in to her hotel and get a feel for the place.

She’d just put her seatbelt on when her cell rang. She looked at the caller ID and grinned, “Hi Kyle, I didn’t think you’d be up yet it’s only like six in the morning?”