Beginning as End, End as Beginning

I was sitting along the plain grass field together with the little weed flowers. "How I wish you told me earlier," I muttered as my fingers traced the edge of her grave. I don't have any place to go now, I lost and left everything I have. Tears fell between my visions as I glance to our last picture taken from my phone.

With my eyes closed I prayed to God and immediately he answered. God visioned me my past memories where I was checking the phone given by the old man. There was a single picture in the gallery which I didn't cared to check about.

"Sir,are you alright?" the cemetery's caretaker woke me as his rake rustled the dried leaves near me. He insisted me to stand up by pointing his finger to the dark clouds,"it seems that it's going to rain."

I drove back to my tattered apartment and checked my phone. The picture in the vision God gave me was the last picture of Jenny taken. But the twist is there was another copy of it with the same date and same place where it was taken, and that copy already existed when the old street man gave me the phone. How did the man acquired our picture before he gave the phone to me? Cold air crawled inside my veins, "I need to find where that old man came from."

I investigated all files possibly hidden in the phone's memory and extracted significant data to trace this alleged time traveler. Hours later I only found a single text file containing an address in Philadelphia and a bank account's number and its pin code.

I immediately checked the legibility of the bank account and used it for my travel.

With nothing left for me I found the place perfect for me. The destined place was deserted, all houses where empty, and broken cars left rusted along the streets. Beyond my sight there was a large factory with gates left open. I entered and slowly walked along the vacant floors. Computers, generators, and other mythical apparatuses were lined with each other. I scanned and reviewed the machines. I already saw all of these designs, in fact I designed almost all of it. They're the prototype of my latest project.

"You came," a voice echoed along the walls. I turned my head and saw a man lying on a tattered homemade bed. He's wearing a doctor's gown full of dirt that makes it look like ragged coat covered with a thick winter jacket to protect him from temperature changes.

"You just came by the right time," he said.

"How did a picture from the future saved in this phone?" I asked furiously to the man.

"I can't explain it further... I'm dying," he held my hand, took a grip and said, "let's start again Aves," and slowly he closed his eyes. I tried to wake him up but he never did.

I burried the man's body near the factory and prayed for him. "How long he's been living in this kind of isolated place?" I wondered.

I lied down on his bed to take a rest, then suddenly I felt another deja vu. An instinct told me to reach something under the bed and found a doctor's laboratory gown. A name was imprinted on it, Dr. Sin Ronco I knew this name, he's Jenny's wierd doctor. And so I stood up and pulled all the files on the drawer to see what he knew about us. Pictures of us since we met were compiled in a folder named "Sin", together with the prototypes of my physical time travel.

I restudied my manuals and make sure that the engines will work accordingly to my hypothesis. With my confidence and fear of fate I entered the dark roomed apparatus and closed myself inside. Red lights helped me to see the buttons and switches inside. I took a breath and placed the mysterious phone to the 'time witness well' to act as a time anchor.

"God of this universe, please guide me," I prayed as I turned on the switch.

Bright white lights filled in the space and felt something I can't exactly explain, it feels like being sucked into myself.

I immediately opened the tank after feeling being atomicaly warped into nothingness. I vomited so hard with my extreme dizziness.

I wondered if the machine really worked but it seems that nothing happened. I checked the phone's time and date, "It didn't worked," I frowned and lied on the floor. I suddenly felt tired and unconsiously slept.

I woke up and checked my phone realizing I over slept for 24 hours. I stretched my joints and felt pain all over my body. I opened the factory for some fresh sun light and everything in the area has changed. The whole place turned clean as if the government cleaned up all the mess happened here but still not even a single soul existed, except mine.

I opened my gallery and realized that all saved data were lost except the last picture. "That's wierd," I told to myself. I turned on the computers for some data back ups and noticed the current date, 10 years ago from where I came from. On the desktop screen there was a message, "once you're reading this, you are now be called 'Dr. Sin Ronco,' and use the bank account I gave to you. Aves, you're one step away to our goal. Never tell anyone about this. May the God of this universe guide you."

Under the bed there was a briefcase containing everything I need, fake IDs, passport, and banking papers. I grabbed the case and headed to the nearest bank. I carefuly picked the words I used on the counter to avoid being suspiscious... and yes, the banking was successful. Before leaving the bank the teller called me out, "Dr. Ronco, I almost forgot to give you this, you told me to give this to you by this date,"and she handed me a small sealed envelope.

On my flight way back home I opened the note and read, 'use the money and power to save Jenny. Don't waste any, we're living sin against Chronos.' So I decided to live in a small apartment to save somecash. At this moment I studied medicine course alone.

One day along my walk along the park I saw Jenny and her single mother. Jenny was in her college, while the younger me is still studying physics. I continued my walk while looking at them with a smile printed on my face.

"I'm glad to see her young and alive," I said to myself.

Her mother suddenly noticed my presence.

"Good morning sir. Have we met before?" her mother asked.

"I'm a new local doctor here, maybe we met somewhere in the hospital," I lied.

"No," her mother's answer shocked me, "I really know you," she continued.

Jenny pulled the shirt of her mother, "mom, don't say wierd stuffs to other people."

"Your daughter ma'am?" I asked and her mother nodded.

"How are you Jenny?" I greeted her while holding her hand.

"I'm doing fine doc."

"Just call me Dr. Sin my dear," I tapped her head, "by the way, I have to go to my meeting now. Here's my calling card in case you need help. I knew to myself I can help Jenny's sickness," I handed a calling card to her mother.

She read the card and mentioned my name, "Sin Ronco."

Before leaving, her mother pulled my hand, "I believe in you as I believe in fate."

And so I smiled and waved goodbye.

"Nice to see you again Jenny. I'll do my best for you," I said to her daughter.