The End

"How's Aves?" I asked Jenny while reviewing her medical results.

"Uhm," she hesitated to answer.

"What is it dear?" I asked her while placing my stet on her chest checking her heart beat and breathing. "Are you nervous?" I asked again.

Suddenly Jenny blushed and smiled, "Aves and I we're getting married next month," she said as she sways her hanging legs, "maybe this will be my last check up Dr. Sin. I told him not to be afraid of fate. And I knew that he'll take care of me.

"I told you, Aves really love you," I tapped her head.

Since Jenny will not be coming back to my clinic I returned to Philadelphia and started searching for a cure. I can't easily give up. Time is getting shorter again and everything that happens seems so concrete that makes me loose hope. Even my own body, dying with the effects of time travel and it feels like my body's atoms were disentegrating. I'm reaching the time a loted by the God of this universe. I lied down on my tacky bed to take a rest.

"Fate," I whisphered to myself. "An element or something human cannot understand. He may find truth, answers, and everything he needs to understand but still there is something we can never comprehend, fate."

While meditating and reflecting things inside my head the time travelling machine lit and gave an earthquake within the vicinity of the abandoned village. From there a very old version of me came. He coughed blood and said, "Aves, I hope this will be the answer to our quest of changing one's fate. This never existed in this era. "He dropped a box behind and he fell on the floor. He's dying faster than me, disintegrating right in front of my eyes. A tear fell from me watching 'myself' die, "how many times did this man travelled just to save our precious one?"

I burried his body outside the factory.

"I hope your plans work. We sacrificed and suffered too much," I sighed and prayed to his grave, "one last time to suffer and everything will turn fine."

After my personal dead man's prayer I went inside the factory to see what's inside the box. I was shocked and stumbed down. A technology from the future gazed my eyes, a mechanical heart.

I spent the remaining time God has given me to study everything I needed for the heart. With confidence and fear I called the younger Aves and Jenny's mother to inform them about the proposed mechanical heart. Without money and time wasted I flew back to Jenny for her operation.

"Dr.Ronco, can this save her? Time is getting shorter for her," Jenny's mother asked me privately. I can't give her an answer, I just held her hand and said, "we'll do our best." And she cried.

While I'm standing outside the operating room preparing myself for the operation I heard the younger Aves talking to Jenny so I listened carefully.

"If I'm going to loose you in this world, I'll meet you in the next one. I promise not to be late. I'll never be late," he said.

I knocked and opened the room while Aves came out slowly with his head bowed down full of prayers.

We started the operation...

Its been hours with her heart out while my hands were full of hope which any surgical gloves cannot handle and all living hearts inside the operating room were synchronized with fear of failure.

We sighed.

The mechanical heart's passive power was ready to be activated, at this moment all those living hearts stopped for a second.

"This is it fellow doctors, ready?" I said before turning on itspower.

A drop of tear fell from my companion's eyes when the blood started circulating. Some kneeled down, and some prayed.

But me...

I still need to wait for a week for her fate.

I stayed back on my former small apartment and prayed that next week is a new start for a new fate. This time I'm don't feel any hope nor faith inside me, as if I don't feel like a human anymore... instead I feel like a god who's playing the world to create his own. I can't do anything right now, just watching the new world I'm creating, waiting for the result of this 'manmade fate.'

The day has come, Jenny still died. So I went back to Philadelphia and waited for Aves. He came at the exact moment and talked identicaly like what happened to me when I was in this young Aves' position.

This time I was the one being burried by Aves outside the factory.