Chapter 41

England, 1245

The morning sun warmed his face as he snuggled deep between the sheets. In the back of his mind he was going to strangle Aidan for drawing his curtains and letting sunlight into his room. He didn't want it.

Suddenly an unforgettable scent passed his nose that he strongly inhaled followed by something warm and soft gliding down his nose.

He frowned.

Again, it softly made its descent on the bridge of his nose and it forced his eyes to slowly open.

He layed still squinting at the bright rays of the sun pouring in through the window and casting the shadow of a silhouetted face before him. Slowly his vision cleared and focused on the most beautiful eyes and smile he swore to never forget.

Gorgeous amber eyes filled with life, love and a hint of mischief smiled back at him as she lowered her head and pressed her lips to his. He froze.

He felt her warm soft lips press to his. He stared in awe at her as she leaned back with a smile.

"Good Morning" she whispered softly to him.

He swallowed hard but said nothing. His heart furiously thrumbed in his chest as he stared at her. Shakey hands raised to confirm he was not going mad and with a breath of relief they touched soft delicate skin.

He still said nothing.

He just absorbed her presence as she stared lovingly down at him. His callused hands gently touched her cheek.

Swiftly he raised up as her eyes widened and he pulled her close claiming her lips in a passionate kiss that went soul deep.

He glided her down gently above the pillows until she lay beneath him. Her lips were warm, her tongue velvety soft and sweet. The most alluring sounds escaped her as he deepened the kiss.

He could feel her fingers caress his skin and he trembled with need for her.

He pulled his head back and stared down into her beautiful face.

She raised her finger and traced his jaw. He brought her fingers to his lips and kissed them.

"I love you," she whispered cupping his cheek.

"And I love you," he said staring at her like the most precious thing he laid his eyes upon.

No words were spoken as he gazed into her eyes.
It was that unspoken sign of love and desire that moved him closer to her. It was that unspoken sign of need that had her thighs lovingly circle his waist.

With devotion and care he gently buried himself inside her. Her whimper was ecstacy to his ears as he held her close and nuzzled his lips near her ears whispered words of endearment and made passionate love to her.

Moments later sated and complete he lay with her cradled in his arms as they stare into eachothers eyes.

The faint sounds of a bell rang. Once. Twice. Three times.

Her fingers grazed his jaw. He looked at her.

"Its time I must leave." she said softly.

He lovingly pressed his forehead to hers.

"Stay," he swallowed past the lump in his throat.

He watched her slowly sit up. At her leisure their kiss was one to last him an eternity.

She stood and he quickly reached for her hand. He held her there reluctant to let her go. Beautiful breathtaking light shined around her. Fascinated by it all he watched it brighten as her fingers slipped from his and she slowly faded away.