Introductions

hey guys this is my first book and it's not exactly a happy ending but not a tragic one either. This story is a true story based on particular events, but there are some events that were made up. Treat me kindly :)

____________________________________

     It's funny how in one day your whole life could change. Running around deciding what you should do with your life and how you should go about everything. Well it's not always easy to know exactly what you want to do or where you want to go. That's okay to me. Eventually you figure yourself out and you do eventually decide. Either way let me introduce myself. My name is Zoey and I'm an average sized brunette at 5'4 with hazel eyes, an alright face, but an amazing body. (At least that's how the guys always describe me). I'm outgoing, kinda weird and super nerdy, but not a lot of people know that about me. I have two annoying but amazing older brothers and one sweet as pie little brother. They get me through all the hard times in my life. I have two adoring parents who although I fight with quite frequently, I know they're always there for me. All in all my family is pretty average. Okay maybe not so average considering we live in a big house and we have plenty of money, but we don't spend it on a ton of luxuries and we aren't snobby. I started to walk down the long staircase that leads into the foyer. Once I reached the bottom I called around, "Mom!! Dad!? Hello!!! Is anyone home?" No response. Great. I hope they left me the car at least. I walked to the window and peek outside the curtain, whew there's the Acura. My family currently shares their cars with me because mine is currently in the shop. Some idiot who didn't have a license crashed into me the other day. To say I was upset is an understatement. I was just glad that no one was hurt. I was with my two best friends, Rose and Jaylene. At the moment they're probably the only two people I trust besides Mari. It's not like I don't have other friends, I do, it's just that they're all guys. The only girls I trust at my school are those three and the others are childhood friends. To say I've been burned a lot is an actual fact. We made it out of the crash alive which was the most important thing to me. This happened about 2 weeks ago and we still haven't gotten it fixed. My parents like for the claims and everything to go through rather than buy a new car. I agree with their way of thinking. Doing things by the books instead of flaunting our money. This is a reason my friends love my family too. They're so lenient but strict when they need to be. Overall they are very loving. Which is why sometimes people wonder why I'm so bad. I don't really consider myself "bad" but apparently if you go out a lot and smoke or drink you're the antichrist. Which is why I'm pulling out my phone and texting my best friends to let them know about a recent decision I made.

"Are you sure?" asked Jaylene. "I know you've thought about doing this before but I don't think you ever followed through with it."
"Yea and remember it's become like second nature to you at this point almost everyday it's become right?" Rose had stated.
"Well yea guys I'm serious. I think it's time I quit smoking and really get into shape with all the exams and things coming up." I didn't want to fall behind in my studies this year because you know what they always say. Junior year is the hardest.
"Well okay if your serious about it then good for you." responded Jaylene.
Rose followed up with "yea I totally support whatever your decision is."
"Thanks guys, but you'll see this year is going to be different just wait."

____________________________________
*Next Morning*

I woke up to my phone vibrating violently on my bedside table. I rolled over hoping it would stop but it didn't. I rolled back over and checked the time to see it was 9:30 am. I groaned inwardly and pressed the answer button.
"Hello" I said in my groggy morning voice.
"Did you just wake up?" My friend Matt asked me.
"No I just sound like this normally" I replied sarcastically.
"Alright well either way are you finally back from Florida? It's already been a week and a half" Matt said.
"Actually yea I just got back yesterday so I'm unpacked and everything now."
"Great! I'm having a pool party today and your invited. It's going to be the usual crew and the new kid that's transferring." Matt said.
"Ughhh now I have to get up and actually try and then come over"
"Just get your lazy butt in your car and get over here please."
"Fine. I'll be there in like an hour. Bye" I hung up the phone and then stared at my ceiling. New kid is coming huh. We don't really welcome new people into our group so I wonder how they all know him. Either way though it doesn't concern me. Oh right did I mention besides giving up smoking I gave up on love too. I'm pretty cynical towards it. I Feel like it exists for people that are not me. Guys just want me for my body mostly and when they don't I don't actually like them back. I know cliche right. Well time to go get ready.