Chapter one- This is From Matilda

The platform was crowded.

Perfect.

Before stepping into the crowd, I tilted my hat low, and slipped on my wide sunglasses. As I shuffled through the carriage, I scouted my next victim. A small smile crept onto my face; I spotted the perfect one. The wallet poked out from the top of an open pocket; so easy, like an invitation.

The train stopped abruptly, and everyone in the carriage lurched forward. Mimicking the movement, I bumped into my target, aiming for the open pocket. As soon as the doors opened, I melted into the crowd once again.

It's always tempting to look back, to check if anyone is on your tail; but it's such a terrible giveaway, and a habit I very gladly grew out of. Once convinced I was safe, I sat myself in a barren cafe off the main street, and uncovered the slick black wallet.
Eagerly, I unearthed the contents. Among the sea of vouchers and gym memberships, hid the crisp slips of paper. At least one hundred pounds in notes was wedged between walls of the smooth leather.

I never tire of my job really; although it's the same routine, I get a small adrenaline rush every time I pull it off. The only downside is I'm always running, always hiding, always alert.

Unfortunately, these are the side effects in the life of a thief.