• Attitude Issues •

Chapter 2 .

••••••¥••••••

I'm more like a dead rose.

Whose leaves and petals are just so delicate and frail.

Day by Day, the petals just disappear

That's how I feel because you're not here,

Around others my expression is blank and my smile is fake.

I try to act okay for my sister's sake.

Everything has fallen apart without you and here I am, everyone else too.

Collapsing to the floor just as the rotten petals do.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Jaelyn's P.O.V.

"Jae, you've gotta stop moping around" my mother says in a calming voice. She sat on the edge of my bed looking at me with pleading eyes. Her sad looks didn't really get to me. She had no sorrow or leniency towards me and what I was going through.

"I'm not. It's just- I feel really bad" I squeaked remembering how I had woke up feeling like I had a throat infection. It bothered me how sore my trachea was. I could barely swallow.

"I know your emotions are on a little high but you just have to....get over it" she mumbled lastly as if I wouldn't hear.

My eyes suddenly started to water. The whole situation was a touchy subject right now and I hadn't quite got myself together.

I looked down embarrassed that I was crying. Sniffling once more I decided to speak.

"I wasn't even talking about that.. I was talking about my health. I feel sick" I muttered lowly.

Of course I was emotionally unstable but all these weird abdominal pain and throwing up and throat aches were getting out if hand.

"Jae, all I'm saying is, you need to get it together" my mother says.

"I want the happy you back! We still have so mucho do." She says.

I continued to stare at her surprised by what she was saying to me.

"I'm trying." I said on the verge of tears again.

"Well"- she pauses for a minute getting off of my bed.

"I, have to get to work. I'll see you later hun" she says kissing my forehead and making her way out of my room.

That's what she calls quality time. Coming in my room for 3 minutes then rushing off to work. There's something about my mother that I've noticed. She hasn't took any time to actually get to know me for what I like. She hasn't figured me out yet and I'm 17. That's a shame I thought.

Her little talk made me feel worse than I already did. Waking up with a headache was no joke. I quietly walked to my sister's room tip toeing down the hall hopefully to just talk to her before she was off to school. Having conversations with her was like my everyday need. We were extremely close to each other and we barely got into arguments. I liked that about us, a very compatible duo.

"Amiyaaaaa" I said in a happy voice cracking her door open.

"Hey Jae" she says getting her shoes putting them on one by one.

"I heard you talking to mom this morning" she says with a grin.

"Yeah...." I said in an uninterested tone twiddling with a pen on Amiya's desk.