01

Dylan woke up to genesis sitting at the edge of his bed wrapped in his sheets. she was staring blankly at the floor until she heard him sigh.

Genesis turned around and he winked at her.

"I was waiting for you to wake up." She said, standing up. she was already in her bra and underwear.

"That's sweet." he smiled.

"Yeah, well, I waited so I could tell you goodbye. So, goodbye." Genesis nodded, picking up her shirt off the floor then putting it on.

"No don't go. I'll make you some breakfast." Dylan sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"No, no that's okay." Genesis shook her head while putting on my pants.

"You're right, my food isn't that good. How about I take you out?"

"No, I have to go." Genesis buttoned her jeans and began to put on my boots.

"No really, stay." Dylan nodded.

"No really, I can't." She sighed.

"What? do you have a dog or something?"

"No."

"A fish?"

"No."

"A gerbil?"

"No."

"Then why are you in such a rush?" He took the comforter off of him, standing up, him only in his boxers.

"because I have a husband." she quickly said, grabbing her purse from the corner of the room. "Goodbye."

Genesis walked out of his bedroom and went to his front door.

she walked out as quick as she could, shutting the door behind her.

Genesis left her car at the bar so she walked to the bar that wasn't too far away, maybe fifteen minutes.

Once she unlocked her car and went in, she started her way home.

Tears began to stream down her cheeks, she began to repeatedly hit the steering wheel with one of her hands. she moved her hair away from her face, sniffling while more tears came streaming down.

"You're so stupid gen. So, so stupid." she groaned.

she pulled up on her driveway, her husbands car in the driveway as well.

she turned the car off and sat there looking blankly at the steering wheel.

How am I going to face him?

Do I tell him?

Or do I just-

Genesis jumped and turned her head at the knock that was heard on her car window. She sighed, faking a smile.

Genesis opened the door and stepped out.

"You scared me."

Nate inspected her. "Why are you crying baby?"

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing." She sniffed, wiping her tears. Nate raised his brow.

Genesis bit her lip trying to find an excuse.

"I- I witnessed a dog getting ran over. It was really sad." Genesis sighed.

Nate chuckled, shaking his head. "How was your was Adrian's?"

"It was good." Genesis shut her car door.

"What'd you do all night?"

"Oh, we just... we went to a bar and it was pretty boring and we got tired of it so we just went back to her place and drank some wine and watched movies." she lied.

"Well, I'm very happy your back." Nate smirked, bringing her closer to him and kissing her lips. Genesis smiled, kissing him back.

She then pulled away. "We're in the driveway. Outside where everyone can se us."

"Even better." Nate smirked, leaning back down but she turned her head. "Stop." She laughed.

Nate put his arm around her shoulder when they both began to walk back inside to their home.

"So, I have good news." Nate said, shutting the front door once they were both inside.

Genesis turned around, waiting for him to continue.

"We could go to an adoption center soon. We just have to fill some paperwork out." Nate informed her.

Genesis's heart dropped.

Of course she knew about all of this because they were planning to adopt.

But, she felt awful. Tremendously awful.

"That's great." She fake grinned. "I'm so happy."

"Finally babe. We'll have a little one in no time."

He walked closer to Genesis, placing his hands on her shoulders, kissing her forehead.

Genesis closed her eyes and sighed, nodding.

"I have to go to work. I'll see you later."

Nate kissed Selena's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." Genesis softly said.