13

"who's house is this again?" dylan asked, parking the car.

"Adrian's." Genesis got out of the car and started to head to the driveway. dylan followed seconds later.

"I haven't told her that i'm pregnant." genesis rang the doorbell. "And telling her with you will save a lot time."

The door opened and Adrian gasped.

"Girl! Where've you been?!" Adrian pulled genesis in for a hug. "I haven't seen you in what? Three months."

Once they let go, they entered the home.

"And who's this dude?" adrian asked, shutting the front door.

"I'm dylan." Dylan put his hand out for adrian to shake.

"Adrian." They shook hands and adrian winked at genesis.

"Are you a family member of hers?" she asked with a flirty smile. "You look quite familiar."

dylan chuckled nervously and shook his head, "not exactly."

"Adrian, I came so we could tell you something." genesis took a seat on the couch.

She ignored dylan and focused on genesis. "Are you alright? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." Genesis nodded. "Everything is somewhat alright."

Adrian took a seat followed next to Gen followed by dylan.

"I'm pregnant." Genesis smiled. Adrian gasped, quickly standing up from her seat. "Oh my goodness! No way! Ah! Nate must be so excited! awe, you two have been trying for so long!"

Dylan shifted in his seat uncomfortably. It's about to get weird.

"um, yeah, he's excited." Genesis shrugged. "the thing is..."

Genesis sighed. "Okay, remember that night we had? we went to the club or bar thing?"

"Yeah, I remember." Adrian smiled. "We had a blast."

"Yeah, but remember I didn't go home with you. I decided to stay and talk with someone?" Gen asked.

Adrian nodded, then turned to dylan. "No wonder you look familiar!"

"Wait, wait so i'm confused... why are you bringing that night up and why is he here?" Adrian raised a brow.

genesis looked to dylan then back to adrian. "That night... that night i had sex with dylan, cheated on nate and ended up pregnant with dylan's baby."

"No sugar code there." Adrian chuckled.

"that's what I came to tell you." genesis said. "You're my bestfriend, i can't hide something like that from you."

"Why would you? I'm not judging." Adrian simply shook her head. "You did something wrong but now you're going to have my beautiful niece or nephew."

Dylan chimed in. "Actually, we're having twins."

Adrian widened her eyes. "Oh my goodness! No way! Two?! You're vagina is going to explode!"

Adrian and Genesis bursts into laughter while dylan just smiles.

The moment between the two friends ended when genesis phone rang. She pulled it out from her coat pocket and looked at the caller ID.

"Its nate." she stood up and looked to dylan who gave her a small nod. "Excuse me."

When she was out of sight, Adrian and Dylan faced each other.

"He doesn't know, does he?" Adrian asked. Dylan shook his head, "she won't tell him, and I don't know what to do. I told her today that if she won't, I will. But, is that really my place to do so?"

Adrian shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, if it's affecting your custody-"

"It is. She doesn't want to ruin her marriage so she tells me she doesn't want me to be apart of this."

"Then tell him." Adrian nodded. "But she'll hate you for awhile. it'll ruin her. She's so in love with nate, like you can't imagine the two with anyone else."

Dylan nodded. "I can't let her take them away. No matter how in love she is with him, they're mine, not his."

Adrian nodded, understanding.

Genesis was eavesdropping on them once she finished her phone call. She closed her eyes and did a soft sigh, knowing what needs to be done.

She walks in and fakes a smile. "Nate's home, we should go."

Dylan nodded, standing up while adrian did the same.

"Good luck girl." Adrian and Genesis hug, then walks the two to the door. "Text or call me!"

"I will!" Genesis says as she and dylan walk to his car.

"You're going to need me more than ever." Adrian whispers to herself before closing the door.