12

"You can take me home." genesis told dylan as she got into the car.

"I told you i wanted to talk." dylan said, leaving the hospital parking lot. "we'll go to denny's."

"What if someone sees us?" Genesis asked.

"i'm your cousin." i gave her a sarcastic smile. "'member?"

she rolled her eyes. "you're lucky i'm starving."

i'd hope so. you're eating for three.

once they entered the 24 hour diner and got to their table, dylan wasted no time.

"you're having twins, gen." dylan said. "we're having twins."

genesis ignored him and continued to look at the menu. "this seems good."

"genesis." dylan said.

genesis peeled her eyes off the menu.

"we need to talk. I didn't exactly come here to eat."

"well, I came here to eat." she then continued to flip through the menu. "don't worry about my meal, i'll pay for myself."

dylan was getting frustrated.

"I'm taking you to court genesis." dylan sighed.

genesis slowly looked up to face him. "what?"

"if it comes to it, i will." dylan nodded.

"no, you can't." genesis shook her head quickly. "why would you pull something like that? that is so unnecessary."

"is it really?" dylan furrowed his brows. "You're pregnant with not just one but with two of my kids."

"we can figure this out." genesis said. "without court."

"i have to fight twice as hard now." dylan sighed. "don't make me."

genesis stared at him - trying to keep herself from tearing up.

they stayed like this until their waitress interrupted them with the usual, "can i start you off with some drinks?"

"actually, i'm not that hungry anymore." genesis arched her brow then closed her menu and forcefully pushed it towards dylan.

she got up from the booth and walked out quickly.

"excuse me." dylan told the waitress who stood there dumbfounded.

"genesis, hold on!" dylan ran after her.

"why?!" genesis turned around. "why did it have to be with you?!"

"why is this gods plan for me?! what am i going to benefit from this later on?! Nate is going to leave me and i'm going to be alone with two kids!"

"I'm here genesis! I'm right here." dylan said softly. "i'm not going anywhere."

"I want you to go somewhere." genesis yelled, tears now streaming down her face. "I need you to go somewhere!"

"somewhere away from me, and nate and-"

"Those are my kids!" dylan pointed to himself, finally fed up with her and didn't control his anger. "I'm 28 years old and still haven't found the love of my life! I want kids and now i don't have to be pressured to find 'miss right' because i'll already have two bundles of joys with me! I want to take them with me to the cemetery to show my mom what I created! I want to show my dad who wasn't there for me on how good of a father he never was!"

"So, Stop making this harder than it already is Genesis! IT FUCKING HAPPENED SO LET IT BE!"

genesis stared at him in shock.

"I'm done, genesis." dylan shook his head. "i'm done waiting for you to let me be in my kids life."

"So, if you won't tell him - i will."

genesis walked to dylan's car and got in. 

dylan wiped his eyes and straightened himself out before going into the car and driving away.