Wedding bells and the Player

Please Vote and comment

and thanks for reading this first chapter

Hope that you like it

Maya's Pov:

Here, am I sitting in my cousin/best friend's wedding. I was the maid of honor. I am supposed to be the happiest hearing the ringing bells of Rose's wedding. But somehow they sounded more like a ticking clock and all that played in my mind was the same sickening idea: you are next. They are going to try their best to get you a husband soon. 

I knew that my mum and aunts meant well but my heart pained at such an idea. I hated arranged marriages and fought against such an idea since I was young. But now since I am turning 24 and I am still single they decided to take control over my life and set me with who they believed to be the perfect fit.

They did that to Rose. But to be honest, she asked them to do so. She was so in love before. Yet the man she loved was a player and a manwhore. He toyed her for years and kept on promising her a happily ever after while he cheated and partied hard. He , Ian, swears still that she was his one and only. He confessed for years that she was his first and last love. However, since he lived in another state, he cheated a lot and was open about it. Whenever she confronted him, he said that he was having some fun and she just needs to wait for him to be ready to be tied down in a real relation. And she waited. Rose waited for 10 freaking years because he was her high school crush and even when he moved away she kept on being faithful to him  until her 25 birthday came. That's when she decided that she needed a radical change.

She, Rose, my cousin/sister/best friend was one year older than me and we surprised her with a huge surprise 25 birthday party, she surprised us all with a request. She asked my aunt/ her mum to set her on a date and my aunt couldn't be happier. Literally, my aunt was waiting for such a moment because she knew of the unhealthy and secret relation between Rose and Ian. My aunt in a matter of days sat rose in a blind date with Jacob and they kind of clicked. Rose became happy. She liked Jacob a lot and he made her forget about Ian. She was honest with Jacob and told him that she was broken and he promised to fix her back and he did. 

There, they now smiling at each other and falling in love again after being lawfully tied to each other. The hope that glowed from both of them made me smile. Maybe it won't be that bad if my mum sets me with a guy? Maybe I will find my own Jacob?

"Is this seat taken?" the smooth manly voice came in a sort of hush and disturbed my thoughts I was about to lie and say yes but the man rudely sat before I could answer. 

I looked at my right and as soon as I saw him, I was shocked. There was Ian , the ex-love interest of the new bride. I knew that Rose invited him but we doubted that his acceptance. Ian's muscled figure sat rigidly beside me and ignored my glare. His chocolate eyes were dark and fixed on Rose. Yet the latter was oblivious to his stare. She was so absorbed in a Jacob's story to notice anyone. Ian's eyes held troubled emotions and it might e my imagination but I could swear that they also held some hidden tears. 

"She looks beautiful." he commented while still studying Rose who by notice him and offered him a small wave.

I just nodded . I didn't know if I was supposed to answer him or not. I didn't know how to act around him or why did he even sit beside me. I diverted my eyes away from him and started to pray for him to ignore me for the rest of the night but my prayers were soon disturbed yet again by him.