22. bachelors and greyhounds

Chloe,

I'm sorry.

Actually no I'm not. I'm pissed. Did you not learn anything from last year? Did you even consider the damage they can do? Jeez, Chlo. You need to stop being an idiot and step down. Level three is the safest place to be.

I miss you, and I hate that you're doing this.

Leave level one alone.

Monica

I don't think I took a breath for at least fifteen minutes after the newly outed love birds of Arlington's lacrosse team had left the room

I don't think I took a breath for at least fifteen minutes after the newly outed love birds of Arlington's lacrosse team had left the room. But, when I did, I erupted into motion, flinging open the locker doors and grabbing William's note before anyone else could find it. My new season Louis Vuitton's slapped against the cobblestone footpath as I scampered to my locker.

What William was thinking by showing me that, I had no clue. I was still in shock that two of the most popular, yearned for boys who I'd known of for years were secret lovers. Shaking the thought from my mind for now, I grabbed the roses and my bag from my locker before making my way to the car park.

Just as I'd hoped, a certain silver Lamborghini was still idling in its park. I didn't hesitate to open the passenger door and claim the seat which I'd sat in so many times these past few weeks.

"Well that was interesting," I said. Understatement of the year.

"It worked out then?" he asked, the sliver of a smile playing on his lips. The afternoon sun was shining through the window, illuminating the little crinkle in his cheek when he smiled as well as the shimmer of his mossy eyes.

"If by worked out, you mean you just outed Arlington's most secretive couple to someone you know wants to take them down, then yeah, it worked."

"I thought you'd be happy with it," he mused. "God knows I've been sitting on that one for a while."

"How did you find out?" I asked.

"They meet in the lacrosse rooms every Monday at three thirty. I may have stumbled upon them several times and, well, eavesdropped," he said.

"William Bishop, you and I have much more in common than I thought," I said, a small, hysterical laugh parting from my lips.

"Look, Chloe." He sighed after a moment, fidgeting with his fingers. "I wanted you to find that out so you knew it, but I swear to God, if you out them to the whole school, or their parents-"

I pursed my lips. I didn't want to out them. I didn't want their sexuality to be their downfall. But, at the same time, after everything that they had done to help Monica's demise, destroying their reputations might not be such a big deal.