36. cupcakes and paranoia

GUYS GUESS WHAT I've made a teaser trailer/meet the cast video for HSHL! I'm a crappy film maker, but please have a look above and let me know what you think! also, have a look at the part directly following this for some exciting news. enjoy the chapter - ann 💕

Mon,

I'll send pics when I have time. Sorry, busy with school and stuff.

Remember when we were talking about last year? Well, I never told you how angry you made me. How you left me. How you chose them over me a hundred times. And I never got to tell you, because it was too late for you. 

All those years of being best friends and all it took was a seat at that table.

I'm sorry. I'm just stressed. But even then, I'm still being honest.

Chloe.

Jack was still hammering through my mind as I clipped my seatbelt with trembling fingers and clutched the steering wheel

Jack was still hammering through my mind as I clipped my seatbelt with trembling fingers and clutched the steering wheel. My mind had long surpassed its ability to think rationally. All I could think of was how fast my world was crumbling, and how limited the time was for me to fix it.

"What the fuck?" I hissed, the words barely breaking through tears of frustration.

Nobody was supposed to know about my double-agency. And out of all of them to mess with things, it was Jack-fucking-Thomas.

I accelerated out of the car park, revision for the test long forgotten. I had one thing on my mind now, and that was the footage. The one piece of evidence that could hold the key to breaking everyone down in one hit.

My mind wild, I subconsciously directed myself through the after-school traffic and to William's house. I wasn't completely sure why, but it made sense. If I was going to break into Mike's house, he should know.

I texted him and waited for five minutes, tapping my fingers against the wheel anxiously as my car idled. Every ounce of control I thought I had over the situation had been ripped from underneath me, leaving me with the overwhelming feeling of being trapped in a corner, vulnerable.

Jack didn't understand my need for revenge. That I owed it to her. That they took something from me, and I couldn't let that slide. They needed to fall. Not level one in general, or the hierarchy itself, but the nine people written on my list, them and them personally. Well, maybe with one exception.

When Will tapped the roof of my car I jumped before rolling down the window, clutching my racing chest.

"Afternoon," Will said, his expression growing curious when he took in the stressful look that must have been plastered over my face. "Nobody's home, you can come in if you like."