Chapter Five

Sunkit opened her eyes in the morning to find Shiningstar and Poolstep whispering outside the medicine cat's den. But she knew what was going on. And she had a feeling that they did, too.

She wasn't visited by Stormcloud at all last night. Sunkit thought that Stormcloud must be furious. But she never told any cat! It must have been a... a prophecy... From StarClan!

If Shiningstar knew, it was StarClan's fault. But...wait. She was going to StarClan... to battle train... Sunkit was confused. She had seen a place a lot brighter when she was with Stormcloud once. She had been told that was the Dark Forest. But she had also been told by Hazelmoon that StarClan was very bright and filled with good cats.

What is going on?! thought Sunkit. The Dark Forest... Dark. StarClan... Stars are bright. She sat there for a while and thought. I've been tricked! she realized.

Sunkit growled! Why would Stormcloud do this to me? Oh, right, because she's just plain evil, that fox-heart! I want to see her right now and give her a piece of my mi- Her thoughts were cut off by a familiar voice.

"I'm right here," said Stormcloud, smirking.

Sunkit growled. "You fox-heart!"

"Sunkit, what did I tell you?" Stormcloud hissed. "I told you not to tell any cat!"

"I... I swear... I didn't... I wasn't going...," Sunkit stammered. "I never told them!" she insisted.

"Then what are they gossiping about? Ah... Yes... Our battle training, Sunkit!"

"I think StarClan gave them a prophecy!"

"You mean the Dark Forest?" snapped Stormcloud.

"No," growled Sunkit. "The Dark Forest wouldn't give them prophecies like that. You lied to me! I thought I could trust you."

"You would never trust us," snarled Stormcloud. "We're the Dark Forest, Sunkit. We trick even the best warriors into joining us. Join the Dark Rebellion, or pay the consequences!"

Sunkit was about to say something back, but Stormcloud disappeared. "I hate you!" she yowled.

Join us. If you join us, you'll be a great addition to our group. You'll one day be leader of it...

"No! I don't believe you! What do you want from me!?" Sunkit cried.

"Sunkit! Sunkit, wake up! What's wrong with you?!" Newtkit hissed, shaking Sunkit in her next. She shot up and gasped. "Where am I?"