♡ 0.3

"I hate math." Maggie Greene groaned while erasing yet another wrong answer from her notebook page. She had been ranting about her hate for math for almost the entire class period. Rick hadn't been listening though. All he could think about was his first class from yesterday. The note was the only thing in his mind, it even kept him up from sleeping that night. There were so many questions that ran through his head. The most important, who sent him the note? Was it even meant for him? I mean, of course it was in his history book and he did have curly hair, but still.. who would put that much effort into something for him?

"Earth to Rick Grimes!" Maggie snapped her fingers in front of Rick's face until all his thoughts about the sticky note disappeared. They hadn't fully vanished though, they were just pushed to the back of his mind for a few seconds. He knew this was something that would linger in his brain until he solved this mystery.

"Sorry about that." He apologized, "What were you saying?" He hoped Maggie wouldn't ask what was on his mind. He had to explain himself to Daryl and Carol already and his current situation was a little embarrassing in his opinion.

Maggie giggled as she watched her friend collect himself. "Have you heard anything I've been saying? I was asking if you had a calculator I could use."

Rick nodded, he grabbed his backpack and began rummaging inside of it until he was able to find his calculator. He pulled it out, then handed it to her. He picked up his pencil and stared at the math problems on the worksheet that was lying on his desk. He would much rather figure out who was crushing on him than figure out why x equaled y.

"Thank you." She smiled at him, "What's got you so distracted today?" Of course Maggie asked about it. She would talk about anything that would get her out of a math lesson. Rick couldn't blame her. He would do the same.

Rick opened his mouth to answer her question but was quickly interrupted by Daryl Dixon. It wasn't surprising that Daryl had been listening in. He wouldn't have wasted a single second on a math equation. "Somebody's crushing on him and he wants to know who it is."

Maggie's face lit up. She was a hopeless romantic whose heart belonged to none other than her perfect boyfriend. Glenn Rhee. "Oh, is that so?"

"Yeah.." he sighed, "I just don't know who would be into me enough to send an anonymous note."

"Maybe you shouldn't think about it so hard. It's probably the most obvious person but because you're thinking so hard about it you can't figure it out."

Rick thought about it for a second. That did make a lot of sense. Maybe Maggie was right. After all, she was some what of an expert in everyone's opinion. Rick just had to stop thinking so hard about it. Whoever it was would be revealed to him if he stopped pushing around complicated thoughts.

"This belongs to you, I'm guessing." Maggie pulled a heart shaped sticky note from the back of the calculator then handed it to Rick. Rick was surprised he hadn't noticed it when he first passed the device to her. He was really starting to get too distracted.

He stared down at the note as he silently read it to himself:

"You have the most beautiful eyes. They help you see the world in such a special way. I hope one day you'll be able to look at me with those eyes and see me as something special to you."