♡ 0.6

"I want you to paint what you are feeling.."

That's what the art teacher said. That was today's assignment. It was simple. Well, it should have been simple. Rick didn't think so though. He felt like he was feeling everything. He had no idea what he should have been painting.

Their art teacher often said that if they were feeling lost on how to channel their emotions into art, they could always look around the class and see if fellow classmates could offer inspiration. The first person he chose to go to was Daryl of course. His best friend was silly and cranky and everything else that made him a mess, but he always had all the answers Rick needed.

Daryl noticed the distressed look on his best friend's face. He shot him a sympathetic smile as he got closer, then let him sit in an empty stool next to his as he continued to paint his canvas. Rick took the seat and watched his friend carefully move the paint brush across the blank canvas. He saw his friend using lots of green and brown. Nature based colors. Daryl loved nature, it brought him joy and excitement when he was feeling down. Daryl was definitely painting how he felt, happiness.

Rick moved on to someone else. The quietest kid in class, Eugene Porter. Unfortunately, artistic things didn't come as a gift to Eugene like academic things did. His canvas was filled with rainbow streaks that clearly held no significance.

He moved onto another friend of his. Sasha Williams. She was so concentrated on her art that she didn't even notice he was there standing next to her. But, truth be told.. he didn't want her to notice him.

Sasha truly did have an artistic talent. She had been painting a beautiful picture of a giant rose. The assignment was definitely coming easy to her, but what feeling was she expressing?

"You like it?" Sasha questioned as she stepped back from her art work.

"I love it. What does it mean?"

Sasha placed down her paint palette and pointed across the room at a ginger haired boy. The boy already had his eyes glued to her and a huge smile plastered onto this face. Rick immediately recognized him as Abraham Ford, one of his teammates on the basketball and baseball team.

Rick looked back and forth between Abraham and Sasha. They were both being all smiley, blushy, and gushy, even though there was a clear distance between them. It all started to make sense and Rick knew exactly what Sasha's painting meant.

"Congratulations." He beamed at the thought of the two. Sasha thanked him and got right back to painting. Rick followed her lead and went back to his canvas.

This time he still had no idea what to paint, but he understood what he was feeling.

Someone else knew what they were feeling too apparently. The admirer in question had managed to leave a sticky heart on his empty canvas. Rick was confused as to how in the world he didn't notice anyone in his seat before, but he shrugged it off and just pulled the note off to read it.

"Art is beautiful & so are you. I hope you can see me in that way too."

A grin grew onto his face. He had no clue as to who the anonymous lover was, but he knew one thing for sure. He already thought they were beautiful too.