♡ 0.7

Rick wasn't quite sure why he hadn't thought of it before. I mean, it was just a simple theory but it made a lot of sense. He didn't want it to be true but he had to explore the possibility. The possibility that his secret admirer could be Jessie Anderson.

He cringed at the thought of it. But the thought of it.. made perfect sense.

Jessie liked him.

She was clever.

And a sucker for romance.

It all made a lot of sense. Or maybe it didn't. Rick hoped it didn't.

"Do it. Just do it." He whispered to himself. The fact that he even thought of Jessie was hard enough. Now he had to go and approach her. Pure torture.

He took the deepest breath he could, then made his way over to Jessie.

She was sitting alone in the library reading Romeo & Juliet. It was as if she was teasing and twisting him with all these hidden clues. Whether she was the admirer or not.

"Hi Rick!" Her face brightened up as she greeted him before he even got a chance to sit down.

"Hey Jessie. Uh, can I ask you something?"

She nodded, closing her book and folding her hands.

"Is it you? Are you my secret admirer?"

Jessie's bright smile faded and a frown replaced it. She unfolded her hands, then sighed. "I heard about your sticky notes and I wish I could take credit. It's not me. There's another person out there crushing on you."