Chapter 16

The rest of the date actually went fairly smoothly. I don’t think the waitress actually realized that Blake was blind, and that made him very happy.

            When I drove him home, he invited me in for a bit. I wasn’t ready for the night to end, so I was more then happy to accept his invitation. We went into his room and he put some music on for us to listen too.

            He walked over to his bed, but instead of sitting on it, he slid to the floor and used the bed as a backrest. I sat down next to him and he slipped his arm around me. I laid my head on his shoulder and smiled. “Did you have fun at dinner?” I asked.

            “Yeah, it was pretty nice. Did you have a good time?”

            “Aside from being ambushed by Rachel?”

            He chuckled sheepishly. “Yeah, aside from that.”

            “I had a great time. It was nice going out with you,” I told him.

            His fingers started playing with my hair lightly. “So am I allowed to kiss you again?”

            I lifted my head and looked at him. “You’re allowed to kiss me whenever you want.”

            “Good,” he replied, before taking my face gently in his hands and pressing his lips to mine.

            The kiss was gentle and tender, and it made my heart melt a little. He didn’t try and deepen it; he just kept it nice and soft. When he pulled away, I was smiling. “You’re good at that,” I told him.

            He chuckled quietly. “I’m glad you think so, considering I’m out of practice.”

            I put my head back on his shoulder and his arm went back around me, holding me firmly to his side. When a song came on that I loved, my eyes lit up. I got to my feet and tugged on Blake’s hands until he stood up as well. I started dancing around, still holding his hands, but he just stood still. “Come on Blake, dance with me.”

            “I am not dancing, Hailey.”

            I pouted a little. “Why not?”

            “I’ll look like an idiot.”

            I stared at him for a minute to see if he was serious. When I realized he was, I shook my head. “You seriously think that I care what you look like when you dance? I look like a moron, but I don’t care.”

            “Well, I can’t exactly see you,” he replied sarcastically.

            I rolled my eyes. “Don’t be an ass. You’re dancing with me.”

            “No I’m not,” he said stubbornly.

            I frowned. How was I going to get him to dance? Suddenly, an idea came to me and I grinned wickedly. I sidled closer to him and slid my arms around his neck. He automatically put his arms around me, so I moved closer to him until our bodies were pressed lightly together. “Please dance with me,” I whispered into his ear.

            I felt him shiver and his arms tightened around me. “No,” he said, but there wasn’t as much conviction in his voice this time.

            I placed a soft kiss on the side of his neck, and I was pleased when I heard him inhale sharply. “But I want to dance with you,” I said cajolingly. “It’ll be fun.” I started moving my hips a little to the beat of the song.