Chapter 21

**A/N: Read the notes after the chapter for important information**

          When the next weekend rolled around, I was beyond nervous. Blake told me he had planned out everything, but he wouldn’t tell me anything. Just that I should be ready by six on Friday night and that was it. And that confused me the most, since I was the one who would be driving.

            But at six o’ clock on Friday night, my doorbell rang and I went to answer it. I opened the door and raised an eyebrow at the man standing there. “Can I help you?”

            “Are you Hailey Baker?”

            “Yes?”

            “Mr. Adams sent me to pick you up.”

            It was then that I noticed the limo parked out front, and my eyes widened. “He rented a limo for the night?”

            “Actually, he rented it for the weekend,” the guy informed me. “Are you ready to go? I am supposed to have you at your destination in twenty minutes.”

            I nodded and slipped into my coat and grabbed my purse. I called out a farewell to Jared and Liam, and then followed the driver out to the limo. He held the door open for me and I slid into the seat, giving him a bright smile before the door closed. I gazed around the spacious vehicle and saw the single pink rose sitting on the seat, with a piece of paper sitting underneath it. I scooted over and raised the flower to my nose so I could inhale the scent. Picking up the paper, I read what the typed words said.

Hailey,

 I hope this surprised you. Jack is taking you to meet me and we have him for the weekend. I want you to be able to relax and not worry about having to drive us everywhere. See you soon (well, not really see, but you know what I mean).

Love, Blake

            I was torn between chuckling because of the last sentence, or swooning over the sweetness of the entire thing. I never realized he could be this sweet. This was a side of himself that he had hidden quite well.

            Fifteen minutes later, the limo pulled to a stop and Jack hopped out to open my door. We were at a restaurant that I’d never been to before, but it looked fancy, and I was glad that I was wearing a nice black skirt and dark pink blouse. I thanked Jack and went inside.

            The hostess greeted me and I told her who I was supposed to be meeting. Her eyes lit up when I said Blake’s name. “Oh, you are so lucky to have such a charming boyfriend!” she gushed.

            I raised a brow. Charming? Blake? Those two words didn’t really seem to go together, but I shrugged it off and followed her through the restaurant. We went past the main dining room and into a private area. As soon as we walked through the door, my jaw dropped.

            Candles were lit all around the room and there were dozens of pink roses everywhere. There was a cozy table set for two and Blake was standing by one of the chairs, wearing black dress pants and a blue shirt that matched his eyes.

            I left the hostess and walked up to him, sliding my arms around his waist and leaning into him. “How did you plan all of this?”

            He wrapped his arms around me and pressed a soft kiss to the top of my head. “Sophie helped me with everything.”

            I pulled back a little so that I could kiss him lightly. “You didn’t have to go through so much trouble.”