f o u r t e e n

fourteen

"are we interrupting your sleep, ariel?" jezz of course you are.

my eyes slowly opened to see the sight of my mother sitting next to me on the bed. i glanced at my mother and father.

"yes? im tired mom and dad. what is it?" i greeted them.

"just wanted to tell you it's time to wake up since it's ten, we'll be leaving for couple hours okay honey? we'll be home immediately after. foods in the fridge." she replied.

"i uhm okay, thanks for telling me." i smiled.

"if there's anything give april a call or chase. i don't know what's going on between you and chase but please fix it." she stated and kissed me on the cheek, and then leaving with my father.

"bye sweetie, love you." he waved.

sure i wasn't mad at her for thinking there's a problem between me and chase. but why does this matter. but technically i didn't really tell her what's going on between us.

leaving that thought behind, i quickly jumped off my bed and headed straight towards the bathroom.

quickly washed my face and brushing my teeth, i went downstairs to see what she had in the fridge for me. what? a girls gotta eat.

oh great, salad. don't get me wrong nothing's wrong with salad, matter of fact i love it. just not up for it right now. i went towards the gallon of milk and pouring it into a cup. gulping it down as i heard something.

knock knock.

knock knock.

well that caught my attention from the milk, i went towards the door and opened it. who was behind the door was what really surprised me.

"hi chase? what are you doing here?" i asked

"can i come in? just wanted to give you something." he replies with a nervous look on his face.

"sorry where are my manners of course you can." i smiled.

there was an awkward silence. we both walked inside quietly. no words were exchanged.

"so.... how have you been? we haven't really talked in a while." he chuckled.

i was quiet until he broke the silence. "and i also really missed you. there wasn't any calls or text messages exchanged between us."

i could feel my cheeks turning red. what the heck is wrong with me. quickly i pinched myself not to think of anything else about chase. "ouch!"

chase laughed. and started bringing out a bag. a bag of food? what why?

"thank you chase but you really didn't have too." i smiled and this time i really meant it.

i couldn't help it but feel really special right now. chase after what i had done and he still came here and asked about me? who could get any luckier than this?

"i really wanted to talk to you ariel, about three things. one i didn't mean for it to happen but i feel extremely guilty." he said with no hesitation.