t h i r t y

thirty

december 23

today was going to be different. today we'll be setting up the christmas tree at my house since we're all celebrating it at my house.

veronica, chase and adam will be coming here in a few hours.

we all know what we were suppose to bring. chase was going to bring the ornaments. veronica is suppose to bring the lights.

i wasn't sure about adam but im pretty sure he was suppose to bring some ornaments and the star and some of the candy canes.

luckily my mom already had a fake tree in the basement. so all i had to do was bring it into the living room and set up the tree.

i decided to slip on a hoodie and quickly drive to the cafe to grab a hot peppermint mocha. i go toward the kitchen drawer and grabbed my mom's keys.

as i was driving i noticed how most of the stores were sold out of stuff or closed because it was almost christmas.

there were a couple people who were walking around trying to find an open store but they had no luck.

that made me realize how happy and lucky i was to have gotten all my gifts ready before everything was closed.

i was completely bummed at the fact that april wouldn't be here for christmas.

that still didn't stop me from getting her gifts.

i had gotten a few new books for april, i knew she loved reading. she was dying to have these books but she never got to find them.

i was extremely happy i had gotten them for her. she was going to love, "the oxygen thief" & "the infinite sea". i also got her a few sweaters that i know she'll love.

after i had gotten my coffee, i quickly drove home.

to my surprise when i entered the door, chase was the first to be here.

"hey chase." i say and smile as i greet him with a hug. at first he was stiff but after a few moments he gave in and gave me a tight hug.

then i let go and he smiled.

"hey, where do i leave these ornaments?" he asks me as he holds a bag of ornaments in his hands.

"just leave them on the table." i tell him as i take a sip of my coffee.

after a few seconds of silence, i take a seat in front of chase and started a conversation.

"so, did she end up telling you about how they know each other?" i asked chase and he slightly frowns. i focus my eyes on him until he speaks.

"not really but i may have a slight idea, but at the same time i don't want to assume anything." he admits and leans on his hand.

"yeah you're right, assuming is what ge-" i was cut off by the doorbell ringing. instantly chase stands up and heads towards the door.

he lets out a big sigh before opening it.

"hey chase!" veronica says as she leans in and gives chase a hug. he smiles at the sudden outburst and greets her.