4 | Shockingly Brave

Faith's POV:

"So? How is it?" Grandma looks at me expectantly waiting for my answer, her eyes full of hope, and her checks lifted up in a wide smile. Her hands are together as if she's praying.

"Well..." Her smile drops. "I'm kidding, Grandma, it's delicious." By the huge smile she places on her face, she really wanted this to taste good. Honestly and surprisingly, it does taste like real food.

"Really?"

"Yes, really." I laugh when she claps her hand together like a little kid, just because of the brownies she made. After her historic disaster of cooking, she really needed this.

"That's great! Now I can make more to you, and your friends! And maybe that cute young boy of—"

"Would you look at the time? I'll be getting late. Need to go," I jump out of the chair quickly, hanging my bag on my shoulder, and pecking Grandma's cheek. "Bye G. Love you!"

Without giving her time to reply I hurriedly get out, getting my bike out and riding towards what will be part of my big Why-My-Life-Sucks list.

I sigh, I don't want to disappoint her with the fact that I won't probably have friends at all. People don't usually like me, no biggy. In fact, at first they actually consider talking to me until they do it, and then realize I am not worth their time.

The wind makes my hair fly to my face, allowing my mind to recall that night. When the crazy guy thought I was going to suicide. I roll my eyes at the thought. Jerk.

The image of the new school is getting closer as I ride my bike. Suddenly, my stomach begins to tie up in knots, feeling a lot more insecure than before. What if everyone hates me? What if I don't fit? And what if I fall and everyone laughs? My negative mind is getting the best of me. I'm having so many insecurities, so many possible ways of dissing myself.

Take a deep breath, Faith.

Remembering my Grandma's words whenever I have a panic attack, I do as I was told, and stop to take a deep breath.

Positive thoughts.

I might not fall today.

People might not hate me so much.

And if the universe is on my side, I might not make a fool of myself.

After this I return to my riding and in a couple of minutes, I arrive at the parking lot. I get off the bike, my heart racing with each movement I make. The parking lot isn't that big, as students pile outside of their cars, motorcycles, or off their bikes, and make their way easily into the school. I lock my bike around a random pole, taking another deep breath. When I finally look up at the building, I get surprised. Well, this school is bigger than the previous one, maybe big enough that nobody notices me.

'Baldwin High School' is written in big, black, bold letters above the main gate. The whole three floor building is a mixture of beige, red, and white colors, making it look older than it seems.

Nibbling on my lower lip anxiously, I set my foot on the three steps, leading to the main hallway. As I get in, I feel eyes on me, hundred pairs of eyes which means two-hundred eyes on me, which is one hundred people. Okay, maybe I am being a little bit paranoic. This must be my mind playing tricks. Nobody is staring, glaring or looking at me.

But, I know some students are raking me up and down.

I don't know why I'm acting this way. It's not like it's the first time I enter a new school.