Chapter 9: Coping With It

"What the hell are you?" Levi yelled through his teeth. I..don't really know to be honest. I'm not sure. Levi unsheathed his swords and charged at me, full force. I was about to clench my fist as hard as possible, when I heard Spenser's voice.

"Don't. You'll kill him. We can't afford to lose any more lives. Tayler...."

My lip quivered a bit. Spenser was right. It's probably my conscience, not Spenser; but I was willing to take it's advice. I didn't move, Levi was coming at me with his blades; but I let him. He needed to cool off. But is this really how? If he thinks I'm a monster or a threat, he would kill me anyways. So I'll just get it over with now rather than dread it later.

I was still, Eren noticed I wasn't evading so he stood to his feet and attempted to grab Levi, resulting in a possible broken nose for Eren. Eren had barely slowed Levi with his attempt. Levi thrust one of his swords into my shoulder and the other into my side. I had the wind knocked out of me as I collapsed to the floor.

"NO! WHAT THE FUCK LEVI!" Eren shouted. Levi pulled his swords from their previous positions lodged in my body. Cold sweats shook my body as I laid heaped on the floor. I tried putting pressure on my shoulder to stop the pain, but all I got was a hand blanketed in crimson. I began to hyperventilate from the pain. It was horrible.

"It's her fault for disobeying orders. She should have thought about that." Levi directed his vision toward Eren now. "-And you, you deserve punishment as well. I'll handle you later." Pure hatred flared in Eren's eyes. It was scaring me.

"You can't just go around cutting people of your own squad! What kind of captain does that?! Humanity's already at stake, why risk the live of one of your own?!" Levi directed one of his blood-soaked swords at Eren's neck.

"Watch you're mouth titan boy. Or you'll end up like that thing" He pointed toward me. I'm not a 'thing' I'm a human being. Who ever taught Levi manners needs a death sentence. I clutched my side, it was bleeding profusely, but there was nothing I could do now.

"You're the monster, you're sick and twisted and you injure your own team! You sicken me. You're just like the titans, a ruthless savage." Levi actually showed emotion to this. Red hot anger.

"Shut the hell up Jaeger! You don't know anything, you're just a spoiled asswipe we were assigned to protect. I wouldn't be affected if you died, but I can't let that happen; you know why? Orders! They were my orders. I expect every component of this squad to attain the same loyalty to their orders as I do mine, even if they are as miniscule and stupid as defending a piece of shit like you! Now shut your trap and accept your punishment!" Eren's fists were tight as Levi lectured him.

"And what is my punishment sir?! Are you going to stab me? Go on then, do it!" Levi sheathed his swords and turned away. he walked up to me and kicked me in the stomach with all of the force he could muster. I could taste blood in the back of my throat, but I tried to ignore it.

"Your punishment.." He began, "-Is watching her suffer" He pointed to me and then walked out. The few soldiers in the room with him exited as well. It was just Eren me. Levi's reaction seemed to have stunned him. He was just staring blankly into oblivion. After a moment, he realized my current state and rushed over to me.

My side burned like hell, my flesh was pierced from end to end. I hated how blood felt on my skin, whenever I tried to ease the pain with pressure from my hand, I had to remove it because I was disgusted of how it felt. "Tayler, are you alright?" He asked me. Do I fucking look alright to him??

"Yeah just a scratch." I said in a sarcastic tone. I'm surprise I could even attempt to be funny in a situation like this whereas I was the victim. He frowned.