Chapter 8: Rules

"They say love hurts, no one warned me it could kill."

[M.]

Seeing Harry only wearing boxers was enough to distract me at the situation at hand. Just a couple of hours ago I had made up my mind that Harry and I would just have a professional relationship but that wasn't looking too realistic at the moment. I was putting away the first aid kit while Harry left to go to his room.

While he was gone I went downstairs to check on Ethan. When I looked into the living room he was awake and groaning. I walk over to him sit down next to him as I brush the hair off his forehead.

"What the.. where am I?" Ethan says as his eyes met mine

"My house." Harry interjects I sigh with relief when Harry comes into view now wearing sweat pants and a t shirt.

"Why the fuck am I here ?" Ethan groans

"I should be asking you that question. You came onto my property on an un godly hour drunk out of your mind and attacked me. You broke one of my favourite paintings and tables. You're lucky I'm not pressing any chargers or calling the authorities for that matter so I would watch your tone." Harry says not moving him from his intimidating posture.

"Why thank you so much." Ethan says sarcastically

"You should fucking thank me." Harry says stepping forward.

That's when I intervened stepping between them putting my arms up between them. "Easy guys. It's 5 am and we are all exhausted why don't we call it a night or morning or whatever it is. Let's just go our separate ways for today."

Harry doesn't move but his eyes are one me and I know he didn't want to give up his target.

"Please Harry." I say as I look into his perfectly green eyes.

He looks at me and closes it eyes then nods.

"Get him off of my fucking property, and Ethan? I catch you again I won't hold back. I'll make sure you're sorry for it." He threatens.

I quickly grab Ethan's arm and wrapping it around my shoulder as I wrap my arm around his waist helping him up.

We start walking together slowly into his car and I hear the door slam shut behind me. I'm not sure what changed but I can tell Harry was angry about something. His mood swings were giving me whiplash.

I opened the passenger door for Ethan as I helped him inside.

"I can drive." He says

I snort and shake my head "Not a chance."

I strap his seatbelt and get into the driver seat myself as I start his car and drive away from Harry's house.

"This doesn't change anything you know? I'm still pissed off at you." Ethan says

I look over at him but he wasn't even looking at me. I sigh "I know." I simply said

I get that I hurt him but he didn't need to throw it in my face.

"I'm not going to apologize either." He adds

"I understand."

"He's a dick."

"Yeah he can be." I say

"What's wrong with you?"

I glance at him again now this time he's starring at me and I look back at the road. "What do you mean?"

"You're acting weird."

"I'm tired. I had to wake up at 4 am and hall my ass over to Harry's place and get you." I state being a litter stern.