Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Steel frowned the moment he saw the newcomer. Not only was she in the men’s locker room. I mean come on, what if I had been standing hear buck ass naked. That would have been one hell of a welcome wagon.

Trying hard not to smile at the though he deepened his frown. “I don’t know, nor do I care who you are.” He said looking around. “In case you haven’t noticed little lady. This is the men’s locker room, not the little girl’s room.” Steel saw the tightening around her jaw and once again tried not to smile.

“Now make your way out of here.” Came his harsh words as he pointed to the door.

Rose felt the tick start on her right eye as she held her composure. It seems she was going to have to train her future husband. He was either sexist or just plain slow. There was only one thing to do, kill him with kindness. “Oh I do apologize, my name is Rose. I’m the new vet for the Codey’s. Well one of two new vets that is.” She flashed him her most welcoming smile. He only continued to stare and frown.

“I can see you were finishing getting ready.” Rose cleared her throat as she made her way to the door. “I won’t keep you any longer. I was looking for a Mr. Steel anyway, but I hope to be seeing much more of you later.” In a bold move Rose turned and ever so slowly let her eyes feast on all the sinewy muscle that was this very fine specimen of a man. “Much more” she muttered as she escaped the room.

“Holy crap, holy crap” she said and made her way to the outside. At this point she was almost hyperventilating and needed to desperately get some air into her lungs. What the hell had she just done? Never in all her 23 years had she behaved so brazen and brash. But hot damn, was that man one fine piece of meat.

“Pull yourself together Rose.” She scolded firmly. “We are here to do a job. There will be plenty of time to play later.” Fanning herself as she walked to the other stable Rose smiled upon seeing the gorgeous mustangs that where corralled there.

This was it, all she had worked so hard for. She reached out her hand as the mustang in this particular stall neighed in anger. “I take it this must be the corral where Uncle Mike keeps all the ornery mustangs. The ones that won’t take to being ridden and the like.” She said to the horse.

Looking around she noticed that there were 6 pens in this enclosure. Three seemed to be occupied at the moment. Making one last attempt to bond with the horse. Rose walked over to get a carrot out of the bucket located in the corner. She held it out as she read the name on the silver plate located above the pen. “Diablo” The horse reared up and snarled at her.