Fear

We all jumped back, the creature included.

"What's wrong?" I yelled over its cries.

It whimpered and pointed a scraggly finger at my hand. I looked down at it, the jewels gleaming up at me mischievously. I wanted more than anything to take it off, but I had to keep it on for the sake of looking like I cared.

"You recognize the ring?" It wasn't much of a question, but I was trying to lure the answer out of it.

It only cowered away from us, Peter especially.

Chewing on the inside of my cheek I decided to try something. I pulled the ring off and tossed it to Peter who just barely managed to catch it.

I then took a few steps away from him, putting an arm out so he wouldn't follow.

Once I was a decent distance away I kicked off my heels and struggled to sit down on the floor in my tight dress.

Once I was down I opened my arms, welcoming the creature over, who had been eyeing me curiously.

It hesitated for a minute before dragging itself over and throwing itself into my arms. The sobs grew louder as I embraced the boney figure.

Peter was giving me a look half way between surprise and terror, but I just rolled my eyes.

I ran my hand over its back feeling every bone that protruded through its skin. It wrapped it's long arms around my waist and squeezed.

"There, there, you're alright now." I cooed.

It lifted it's face as if to respond but when it parted it's pseudo lips I saw no semblance of teeth or a tongue, so we wouldn't be getting answers any time soon.

Peter took a step towards us and I felt the angel flinch without even turning to see him.

It either had something to do with the ring or the demonness either way we needed a back up plan.

"Call Ivan and tell him to get his assistant over here as soon as possible. Ive got a new project for him."
************

Sorry I've been on vacation in the middle of the desert and haven't had Internet access. But I'm back and aiming for the daily uploads

(Also sorry this one's so short)