Minneapolis (Present Day)

My body tried to jump me awake but the restraints held me back.

I'd managed to sweat through my clothes.

"Peter?" I called into the dark.

I heard the rustling of sheets and a light flicked on, illuminating the hotel room.

"You alright?" He asked, getting up and plodding over to my chair.

I'd taken to being strapped into a lawn chair at night, in an attempt to keep me from ruining a hotel room in the style of an 80s rocker.

He began unfascening my restrains, starting from the feet and working his way up.

"As good as I can be." I groaned as he released my blistered arms.

"Yeah, nights are rough at first." He said, still trying to blink the sleep out of his blacked out eyes. They staid like that when we weren't in public. Apperantly it was easier.

"I think I was dreaming." I said, using my free hand to wipe the sweat out of my eyebrows.

He laughed a little, "Dreaming?"

"Yeah."

"You can't do that, I know if feels like a dream, but it's just the demon." He said as the final belt around my chest was undone.

"No I mean," I paused a bit, "I was in a bar, and not one I recognize."

Peter creased his brows in thought, "That's not really how it works."

"You never saw anything like that?"

He shook his head, "Not even a bit. I haven't dreamed in years. Not since all this came about." He gestured at his eyes.

"But I still act like you did?"

"Yep, as obnoxious as ever. I'm lucky I don't need to sleep anymore, because if I did I'd be screwed."

I pursed my lips, listening in my head for the voice. It never talked to me much anymore, aside from the occasional bitter comment.

"She doesn't talk to you?"

"No," I said, "and don't call it a she, it feels weird."

"That what she asked for isn't it."

"I'm pretty sure it also wants to rip the heads off of baby bunnies."

"Fair enough, fair enough." He said.

I sighed, sliding to the edge of my seat and leaning my head on his shoulder, "So, any ideas?"

I felt him shake his head, "Not a one. But, what we can be sure about, is that whatever it is, it's very, very angry."