40 Years Earlier Pt. 2

"Yes Child?" the voice whispered from the dark.

"I need her."

"Do you know her name?"

"No."

"And she's all you want?"

"Yes."

"That's a lie. I've listened to every word in your mouth and thought in your head. You can't tell me you've spent your entire life dreaming of power and wealth, but would be willing to give up your only chance to get it.

Randy felt his hopes dim.

"But there is a way to have both." The voice whispered again.

Randy's ears perked up, "How?"

"You have to let me in."

A shiver of fear ran through him. He knew it would happen eventually, that was the deal, but was he ready?

~

Randy walked into the bar, head held high. His eyes scanned the room until they landed on the halo of gold. He strolled right up to her and sat down on the exact seat he'd been perched at not even an hour ago.

When she finally looked his way her eyes lit up with surprise.

"You're back." she remarked, curiously arching a brow.

"Yes, I had to go help a friend."

"I'd think so, with how you bolted out of here like your ass was on fire."

He chuckled, "I might have been a bit late."

"Happen's to the best of us." she smiled, and he felt the very center of himself melt, but the outside stayed collected, "Can I get you another coke?"

"Scotch, please."

"That's quite the change."

"Well I don't have anything else to attend to tonight, so I can have a little fun."

She smiled a little half smile as she poured his drink and set it down in front of him. But instead of step away she put her elbow on the table and rested her chin on her fist.

"You seem different than you did earlier."

"How so?" he played dumb.

"Just so much more," she paused, trying to conjure up the least insulting descriptor, "relaxed."

"Yes, I apologize." He said, pulling a hundred out of his pocket and sliding it across the bar, "Keep the change."

It worked, she smiled and pocketed it. Of course it worked, because master knew her, he knew everything about everyone. Master knew this was a materialistic girl, one who liked money and power. He knew just how to get her heart racing, and he was just getting started.