Beginnings

Before the plague started I had a crap life. I never had a lot of friends and I was failing school a lot. Every time I asked a girl out, I always got rejected. Home life wasn't any better either. My parents would always be working so I never really saw them.
As you can see, my life wasn't all nice and dandy so when the plague started, my life was kind of better. It was good until I lost the ones I love.
The day the plague started I was home alone. My parents were in Savannah for the weekend, so I had a lot of time on my hands. I decided to turn on the TV to watch a show but for some reason the TV was left on the news. They were saying something about an emerging unknown virus spreading rapidly through the state of Georgia.
I didn't think much of it until I heard the newsman say that the virus has increased violence in humans and in some cases, even canabilsm. Now after hearing this I tried calling my parents, but they never picked up. I went to lock the door and Windows so nothing could get in. I left the news on all night so I knew what was going on. I was laying on the couch when I drifted asleep.
It wasn't until I heard sirens on the TV when I woke up. There wasn't talking, just words on the TV. It said "stay indoors and have food and water for up to 2 weeks. The national gaur-" After that the TV cut off. I decided to go upstairs and go to bed as it was already late.
When I woke up in the morning I heard scratching noises at the door. When I checked the peephole I saw a man banging his head at the door. He seamed... Different. Right when I was about to call his name the door started to break. I started to back up but the. The door broke and he got in. When he saw me, he started after me. Running for my life I slipped on something and hit my head. Looking up I saw a hammer and immediately grabbed it ready for a fight.