Agreements

"Daddy, wait!" A girl cried out. I turned around to see my best friend, Ellie, pulling her dads shirt. I had been scared she had been killed in the mess of all of this. I always had a crush on her but never knew how much I loved her until I thought she was gone.

"Ellie!" I yelled running to her and bringing her in a hug. She was always up for a hug. Ellie has short, brown hair. She's about my height as well. She's always been funny, but also serious, when needed.

"I thought you were gone!" I said while hugging her.

"I thought you were gone too!" She responded, but was quickly pulled away by her dad to talk to her.

"You know them?" He asked.

"Well I know the kid. His name is Nick and me and him are best friends. I don't know the man though. But if Nick is with the man, then they're good. We should let them in." Ellie convincingly told her dad.

"Alright." Ellie's dad said after thinking a bit. He turned around and said to us, "Come in. My name is Paul. And this is Ellie. Your names?"

"I'm Arthur. And this is Nick." Arthur said for me.

"Well, let's not just sit around, let's go inside." Paul said walking in his house as we followed. Arthur caught up to Paul as me and Ellie talked.

"How have you been coping with this chaos?" I asked.

"It's been hard. I lost my sister to those, things, when it started. She was in Atlanta that day. She called us panicking because she was getting attacked. Then she stopped yelling. Then we knew she was dead. I wasn't around her much. I wish I was. I wish I could turn back time and redo our relationship. But, I can't. No one can."
She said sadly.

"I'm sorry to hear that. If you need someone to talk to, you can come to me. It must be really hard." I said sympathetically.

"Mom had taken it the hardest. She still hasn't gotten over it yet. It's been tough on all of us." She said.

"When do you think this, thing, will end?" I asked.

"Maybe in a couple of days. The national guard should take over soon. Is he your dad?" She asked pointing to Arthur.

"No. My left for vacation the day before this started. They haven't been back yet. Then Arthur came in my house and saved my life. Me and him have been together since this started." I responded.

"Ohh." She said.

We continued talking until we reached her room as I set my stuff down. I looked around the room seeing posters, a tv, a desk, and a laptop.

"Nice room." I said in a chuckle.

"Yep. Thanks." She said as she lied down on her bed.

"So where am I gonna stay?" I asked.

"You can stay with me!" She happily said.

"Yea, I'll sleep on the floor." I responded.

"No, no, no. You can stay on the bed with me!" She said happily.

"Really? You sure?" I asked nervously.

"Of course. Anything for you." She said.

"Right back at you." I claimed.

"I'm gonna head down and talk to your dad." I said leaving the room.

Once I saw Paul, I spoke up. "Hey Mr. Wright. How are-" I was interrupted by him.

"Stay away from my daughter or I will kill you." He said deeply.

"I don't understand, sir. Why?" I asked confused.

"I don't know you at all and for all I know you could be a sicko. I don't want you near my daughter. She may say you're good but I don't believe you." He growled.

"Sir, I would never hurt your daughter. You have to trust me." I said.

"Oh yea, why should I?" He scoffed.

"Because she is my best friend. And anyone she cares about, I care about. So don't think for one moment I would hurt her or any of you." I replied.

"I've got my eye on you." He said walking away.

Yesh. He seems warm and friendly.

I headed back up stairs to talk to Ellie when I was stopped by Arthur. He started talking to me.

"Nick, we can't trust this guy. He's too edgy." He claimed.

"You noticed it too?" I asked.

"Yea, just be careful around him." And with that, Arthur left. Once I walked in Ellie's room I saw her crying on her bed. I sat next to her and hugged her with her face in my chest, and my chin on her head.

"I'm here Ellie. I'm here for you." I said as we lied down on the bed.