Chapter1: Shakesperian Problems

Hello, my lovely. I hope you are having an exquisite day.😊Get ready for death and destruction. I'm sure you're very excited😚😘.
{This chapter serves as the set up. And,no, I do not own Black Butler.}
Though if I did...
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(HC) means hair color
(EC) means eye color
(YN) your first name
ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ

It's raining outside. Ciel sits in his study, glaring at papers sprawled all about his desk. His academic studies were nearly done for the entire year, but English Literature. Bloody English Literature. The bard can suck my...

"How are your studies?" Sebastian forcefully opens the door, pushing along the tea cart, as well as effectively interrupting any of Ciel's derogatory thoughts toward Sir William Shakespeare. Ciel's head shoots up and blushes immediately. Sebastian notices, but decides not to question it.

"For the most part, quite well, but.." Ciel hesitates. He really is too prideful for his own good. The eye-patched-child hates to ask such a horribly pathetic question. He blushes again.

"Yes, my lord?" Sebastian almost chuckles. Almost. He always finds it funny when Ciel gets all flustered. What a stupid child Sebastian thinks stuttering over something as trivial as an English assignment.

"Sebastian, what does this mean?" Ciel inquiries. A sly grin creeps across the butler's face. Ciel knew that would happen the moment he asked the question. So just to spite the demon, he continues the thought, adding ,"Although, it's so confusing. I doubt even you could manage it."

Sebastian is almost appalled that Ciel would suggest something as insulting as that. To regain his pride and composure, he retorts ,"My lord, allow me to explain. If I couldn't do this, what kind of a butler would I be?"

Sebastian looks at the tiny passage. He reads the verse aloud, sounding very sure of himself ,"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once. Simply put, my lord, those who face death's cruel grip after a life of cowardice and regret have already died inside on several occasions. This is due to the many times their souls have backed down from challenges and opportunities in their lives. Yet, the valiant man is one who does not falter or wane at the sight of opposition, but conquers it. Those souls are by far more alive by their death, making their worth eclipse that of the coward."

Sebastian looks at the awestruck, blue eyed boy, who at this moment, has his eyes and mouth wide open. Only for a second, of course. After Ciel regains his composure, he tries to look at Sebastian disdainfully, but only manages a pout at best. Ciel has always been and will always be amazed by the demon's impeccable intellect. Though he doesn't understand a word.

"Congratulations Sebastian, you have now managed to confuse me even more than that of the bastard which is Shakespeare." He huffs, looking to the left of Sebastian.

"My condolences, my lord. If it brightens your
spirits, know that I see you as the valiant, considering your soul is so very appetizing." Sebastian adds the last part just to make the young lord flustered again, providing the demon with plenty of entertainment.

Sebastian knows Ciel is in love with him, any blind fool can see that. The problem, however, is that Sebastian is not in love with the young boy. Not even close. The demon has always seen humans as despicable and needy wretches incapable of individual or lasting thought. A harsh, but satisfyingly true, assessment in Sebastian's mind. Ciel was no exception. The butler has had many human lovers (of both sexes, of course), but he would almost always kill them after he's had his way with them. Ciel wasn't even a lover, but death was inevitably in store for him, too.

"Well of course I am the valiant one, though I question your reasoning." Ignoring his butler's blatant disregard for decency when it came to his soul, Ciel stated with a dignified huff ,"Bring me cake."

Sebastian ignores this request to address a long running problem ,"My lord, you are struggling with the Bard's iambic verses more than what would be considered normal. I believe it is time you invest in an English tutor." At this, Ciel jumps up from his chair in indignation.

Ciel crosses his arms, attempting to be intimidating ,"My English is polished perfectly! Alliteration, Sebastian, see? There is no need for a tutor. Besides, even if there was a need, you ARE my teacher. Now where is my cake?" The butler once again ignores Ciel's childish want for the pastry.

Sebastian decides to end this petty argument with wit.

"My lord, if I may, the fact that you have 'perfectly polished' your pronunciation does not replace that your proficiency in the bard's prolific amounts of verses is deplorable. Alliteration, yes?" Sebastian feels very, very full of himself. "These pretenses of you being a master of Shakespearean cannot fool someone as fully immersed in British culture as I. However, young master, I do not have enough time in the day to help you with your studies. I must take care of this manor, after all. Now, with all due respect, you require a teacher." He puts a strawberry cake on the desk and leaves, along with his cart.

Ciel knows the demon is correct, though it pains him to admit it. "Go to hell, Sebastian." Ciel mentally facepalms, for he knows Sebastian is going to reply with a snooty retort.

Sebastian looks behind him at Ciel as he walks out, a smirk etched into his devilishly handsome features. "Not just yet, my lord."

And there's the snooty response, Ciel thinks.

"Now, about your tutor..." Sebastian mumbles. He shuts the door behind him as he leaves to find an English major who deserves to work alongside someone as amazing as himself. Perhaps (HC)? Yes, a woman with (HC) hair will do nicely, he muses. He has always found them to be the most bearable women to deal with. He leaves the Phantomhive manor and begins his search, umbrella in hand.
ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ

I hope you are excited to meet yourself. I'll update as often as I can, this is my first story, so....( ̄▽ ̄);  .
P.S: the Shakespearian verse I borrowed is from the play "Julius Caesar". Act2 Scene2 lines32-33. 🤗