Chapter 13: Sealing the Deal

Why did I ever think you were not beautiful? Why did I ever dare to say that my beloved was unattractive in any aspect? Why didn't I just stay with you from the beginning? Why did I hold myself back for so long? Why did you think I deserve you,(YN)?

I don't deserve you. I, Sebastian Michaelis, will never redeem myself enough for you, my blessed robin. Never.

Your radiant eyes have a clairvoyance that is seen only in perfect paintings. Your heart is purer than freshly fallen snow. And your spirit deserves freedom; a freedom which I have denied you time and time again.

I was afraid to let you go, my love. I refused to because of my cowardice, my obsession-an obsession which I still possess to some capacity-yet you held on to your future. You longed for freedom and fought for it. You fought me! An immortal, powerful demon of immeasurable talent and one hell of a butler. And you... you blessing of a human, the reason that I have changed so much...

You won!

My beloved, you have made me understand something I once laughed at my Lord for misunderstanding. I realize that I never truly understood those words until I met you.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once

This is the reason I met you. So long ago that morning when I looked at his dumb blue eyes knowing he needed a tutor. So important, when I looked at you and fell so hopelessly. So humble of a place in the beginning. Just a mere tutor to a bratty child yet you have grown from your horrible circumstances while keeping what makes you so special.

This. All of this and more offers itself as my truth to you, love. I wish to cherish you past the end of time. I long to see your face every waking moment and have your beautiful form greet me as I dream while you lay beside me.

You have promised eternal love.

Which is why, (YN) I must ask you something that gives a beat to my newly ignited heart.

(YN) POV

My love lies in bed with me, holding me tightly by his side. Sunlight streams through the windows of his room in the late morning.

He convinced the young master to go with his fiancée for the day. After heated debate with the words "you insufferable demonic bastard" and several other expletives thrown unrelentingly, I was shocked that Sebastian succeeded in his deal. When I asked how he achieved such a feat, he vaguely gestured to his lips with a laugh. Perhaps that's why poor Ciel had such a red face when he announced his 24 hour holiday.

And why Sebastian looked so pleased with himself.

In any case, Grell left two days before the young lord. She decided that after Sebastian's last outburst and my existence she might explore the possibilities that other reapers may offer. It was confusing but as I think of it, now, she seemed to have someone like her in mind. I believe that she deserves happiness from someone who truly loves her.

She said to me before she left that I had to, and I quote, "Treat Bassy right or I swear, you harlot, I'll come down with the wrath of a chainsaw!" Her voice was stern and menacing and I was very very frightened.

I looked up and the only reply I could muster was, "I swear I will, Grell. Please write to me. I will dearly miss your company."

Her face lit up and her normal demeanor returned, much to my relief. "If course I'll WRITE!! I WILL MISS YOU TOOOO!!!!" She jumped and hugged me while spinning around. Afterwards she looked at me and spoke lowly yet sweetly "I will write to you every chance I get. I promise to visit."

She said her goodbyes and left us with happiness and good wishes. Sebastian treated her with a civility that I had never seen in any of their prior interactions. It was mesmerizing.

Sebastian apologized to her. He meant every word, too, and that truth helped me love him even more.

I reminisce about this with a faint smile on my face. He's so amazing and beautifully flawed within his perfection. He's a demon, yes, but a demon with a capacity to love that even angels could never compare to.

"Good morning, my darling." He whispered in my ear. Sebastian's morning voice has a growling tone to it and at the sound, I turned to him.

I appreciated his demonic beauty. His ebony hair, shining like golden thread in the sunlight. The pristine porcelain he calls skin, even though it is more unbreakable than obsidian. I looked into his comforting crimson eyes. I felt his gaze stare longingly at me. I returned it with a chaste kiss on his lips.

He moaned as a complaint when I pulled back. Sebastian countered by clutching me impossibly closer. "Kiss me again."

I complied.

"Again" He whispered feverishly.

I kissed him again but I kept going. We held each-other lovingly, tightly clinging as the kiss became more and more powerful.

"I love you. I love you" He repeated over and over in between every connection of our lips.

"I love you too" I said, breaking away to curl into his chest. "I'm in love with you, Sebastian Michaelis. Demon, Butler, and my savior." There was a content silence that lasted until it was gloriously interrupted by words which still make my heart flutter.

"Marry me"

What?

"Sebastian" I looked into his eyes. Eyes filled with immeasurable need and longing for eternity of love. My love. "I already promised myself to you. Of course my answer is yes!"

He makes a sound of rapture as he begins to kiss me. My forehead, eyes, cheeks, neck, lips. He holds me in his arms, while repeating the word "yes" in between every peck, and I know I have never been so happy in my life.

Other than the fact our "priest" to officiate the wedding was a strange man with grey long hair instead of an actual priest (Sebastian is a demon, after all), it was perfect.

Our vows were short and loving. My dress, long and beautiful. His eyes, soft yet satisfied.

This is the happy ending he has dreamt of for all eternity. This is the happy ending I have never been able to allow myself to dream.

"Sebastian,"I say, tears welling in my eyes. "I love you so much. You have been everything to me and my only hope is that I can be that for you...to help guide you throughout every struggle. To be your light in darkness. To be yours as a wife and partner in life, and to create a bond that lasts as long as we exist."

He responded with his own vows, after a moment to regain his composure.

"I once believed that I was a demon incapable of love. I turned down my nose at humanity and felt that it was worthless in comparison to me. And then you entered my life, and I have finally found someone worth more to me than anything else. More than cats and my own revenge or motives. You are the most important part of my existence, which is why you are someone I will never let go as long as you are willingly by my side.

While every story may end, I desperately hope our story remains etched into your heart, my darling,(YN).

I vow to love you forevermore."