Chapter 1 | hiding

Reader POV.

"Bubbles! Shhh!"

The voices above ground started to die down.

I sigh in relief.

"Too close, one more noise and they would have found us and I'd be dissected on their kitchen table" I told my dragon.

"What about we go for a midnight swim? Just us"

The blue and green sculdroun splashed around happily.

"Ok!" I said.

Bubbles wasn't like the others... She was smaller and more playful, kind of like a dolphin.

I rested my arms on the side of the pool and looked up at the Orange sky above me though a small crack in the roof.

"Full moon tonight, we can stay for the magic" I said.

Bubbles decided to splash me in the face with her excitement.

"Hey! Oh you're getting it now!" I said as the dragon turned tail and swan out the underwater entrance.

I dived under flicking my long (f/c) tail and torpedoed after her, with my long, (h/c) hair flowing behind me.

Bubbles took a dive behind some coral and I followed.

She dogged behind some rocks where I stopped, causing my hair and fishnet belt to float around me.

The small dragon tilted her head in confusion at the smirk of my face.

I put my hand up to my mouth and blew a bubbly kiss at her.
She shook her head and flipped around.

I laughed and shook my head, gesturing for her to come back to the moonpool before the sun set.

We torpedoed into the pool and broke to the surface.

Bubbles got out to eat some blue oliander, her favourite food.
I picked up a shell and fixed it in my belt.

I looked up at the starry sky.

"Soon" I looked over to see my little dragon sleeping.

I laughed and turned back to the sky where a small part of the moon was showing.

The blue water started to glow and I sat back and relaxed watching the moon go by. Soon enough the water started to bubble, this happened for about 15 minutes and I enjoy it while I can.

I took a deep breath as my moon ring started to glow, regaining its power.

Suddenly I heard a twig above ground snap, uh oh.

I watched the crack in the roof to make sure no one was around.

"Toothless! Its me bud its-"

I saw a shadowy figure on the edge of the crack.

"M-AHHH!"

The figure fell though and landed in the bubbling water causing waves to hit me in the face. My jaw dropped at the sudden action as I saw the magic from the water be sucked into the moon.

Uh oh.

I dived underwater and pulled the boy to the surface where I placed the unconscious body on the side of the pool.

This is not good...