Chapter 6 | stay

Readers POV

Yes, I did ask Hiccup to stay, why? Because I need something next to me, I'm used to it, the water would hold me.

Hiccup had a look of shock on his face, his cheeks we're red as anything. I didn't let go if his shirt though, I looked into his eyes with a pleading look.

He finally sat beside me.

"Why?" Was all he said.

"Because..." Now its my turn to blush.

"I'm used to having something next to me, it was usually a wall or the water... It feels weird not having anything there..."

Hiccup took my hand.

"Ok, just don't snore"

"I won't" I smiled.

-the next day-

I woke up, not fully, but I woke up to the sweet smell of mint and a mix of grass, possibly dragon nip.

My arms were squishing the warm presence next to me. I was tightly held onto by that same presence. Its a nice feeling.

I open my eyes to see Hiccup sleeping next to me.

He had his arms around me and his head up against my shoulder.

I smiled and my face went red. I didn't move, I just stayed looking up at his sleeping presence.

Then I had an idea, what would he do if he woke up and thought I was asleep.

I silently giggled at my little plan.

Not gonna lie, I know I have a crush on him, and no, I don't care that it's obvious.

Mermaids are very flirty, so...

Um...

Yeah...

The problem is he's completely oblivious to the situation.

I smiled at his adorable sleeping state, he suddenly moved and I instantly played dead.

I felt him move to face me and I could feel his warm breath up against my head, considering he's like 7 inches taller than me.

My heart skipped a beat when I felt him hug me tighter, obviously thinking I was asleep.

He rested his chin on my head and moved his arms so there was one around my waist and one around my back.

My cheeks went red hot well... red.

My insides felt like they would explode.

My heart was beating so fast I couldn't even comprehend.

"So cute..."

My life just exploded, I didn't need a heart anyway.

Did he just? Um? Just stay calm and stay 'asleep'

I stayed in my sleeping state and didn't move, I just let him hug me, I expected it to be a quick one but... Nope. He stayed there. I didn't actually mind but it was a shock.

So I just laid waiting for him to get up I can explode.

But suddenly, I got the urge to...

Kiss him.