Chapter Twenty

Luke's P.O.V

"Welcome to Melbourne, Australia." The flight attendant annouced. I removed my headphones so that they hung around my neck and didn't cover my ears anymore as I got up from my seat.

Although I did enjoy LA, I'm really glad to be back home. After grabbing my backpack I exited the plane and headed into the airport where I immediately began my search for my mum.

It didn't take too long as I found her standing alongside my brothers and James.

I quickly jogged over to them and enveloped my mum into a hug. "I missed you so much!" She exclaimed, "I missed you too" I smiled. I greeted Jai next, even though I just saw him a couple days ago back in America.

"How was LA?" James asked as I gave him a hug. A brotherly hug. "It was great, feels good to be back home though." I met Beau as well before I realized Skip wasn't here.

"He's at the house." James stated as if he'd read my mind. "Being a lazy little gremlin as always," I sighed, making the others laugh.

We made it home within a hour where I greeted Skip. "How's the girlfriend mate?" he smirked.

I was just about to answer him before my mum spoke up. "Girlfriend?"

Shit.

I shot Skip a glare before looking over at my mum who raised her eyebrow at me. "I'm sorry, I was gonna tell you! Really."

"So you have an American girlfriend now?"

"Canadian, actually." Beau butted in. I groaned and picked up a pillow, whipping it at him, "I can speak for myself."

"Luke." My mum frowned, I quickly looked over my shoulder and apologized to Beau who was sitting on the floor with the pillow I'd aimed at him in his lap. It was obviously not the most meaningful apology but whatever.

"So wanna explain?" Mum asked, taking a seat on the sofa across from me.

<><><>

There's nothing more comforting than the feeling of being back in your own bed. It felt weird though since I'd gotten so used to sharing a bed with Chloe, not that I minded. Speaking of Chloe, I need to call her.

I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey Luke," her sweet voice sang, instantly causing me to smile. I've been smiling so much lately that even I'm beginning to get creeped out. But I guess that's the effect of lo-, um I mean, liking someone.

"Hey babe, how's everything going?"

"It's alright, we're almost at the second venue."

"Oh that's great, are you nervous?" I asked.

"Yeah I guess so," she laughed "how was your flight?"

"Boring."

"Well, obviously." I imagined her rolling her eyes. "How's everyone back in Australia?"

"They're good. Oh that reminds me! Um, my mum, she uh kinda knows about us now."

"Let me guess, was it Skip?" She chuckled, making me do the same. "Yup. But the good news is that she's actually pretty excited and wants to meet you."

"Really?" Chloe asked, a hint of nervousness audible in her voice. "Really. Don't worry, I already know she'll love you."

"Are you blushing?" I asked when there was no reply. "No, of course not," Chloe said, making it obvious that she was lying. "Sure you're not." I said sarcastically. "Oh shut up." She laughed.