Chapter Twenty Seven

"What do you think of this?" I stood in front of the mirror with my phone camera facing it so that Katrina could see my outfit. "Hmm, too fancy. Go for like shorts and a cute top or something."

I nodded, put my phone down and shrugged off my dress and then put on the next outfit I had laid out. "What about now?"

Katrina gave me an approving smile and nod, "love it!"

"Thanks. Alright I should get going, miss you!"

"Have fun, miss you too!" And with that I ended the FaceTime call and gave my outfit another look. I wore light blue jean shorts and a white crop top. Casual enough for this Australian block party.

After doing my hair and makeup, I slipped into my all black Vans and exited the washroom.

Luke instantly turned around and faced me with a smile, "we're matching."

I laughed at our surprisingly alike outfit choices, "I think it's cute."

"Yeah, you all done?" He asked, running his hands across his jeans to straighten them out more, which were surprisingly the same colour as my shorts. The plain white T-shirts we both wore made it look like we purposely twinned.

I nodded my head and stepped closer to Luke, wrapped my arms around his torso and resting my head on his chest. He snaked his arms around my waist and we stood like that for a while.

"C'mon lets go, the others are probably waiting." I sighed and took his hand, we walked into the living room where Beau, James, Jai and Skip waited.

"No wonder it took you guys so long! You're matching," Skip laughed and so did the rest of them. "It was a mere coincidence," I said as I flopped onto the empty space on the sofa beside Beau.

"Nah, they were too busy making out. Yesterday I walked into them practically fucking." Jai burst out laughing, and once again the room was filled with laughter. I blushed and looked up to see Luke shaking his head but a slight smile played on his lips. "Let's get going," he spoke trying to change the subject. It worked when everyone got up and headed out the door. We began walking down the street so I guess the party was taking place nearby.

"You ready to have some real fun?" Jai asked, shoving me in the side lightly. "Can wait!" I grinned, regaining my balance and shoving him back.

Within 15 minutes, I began to hear some muffled music and saw flashing lights from a distance.

Beau and Skip instantly sped up and soon disappeared into the crowd of people while James, Jai, Luke and I headed over to the drinks.

"Alright, everyone got there phones right?" James reassured. "We'll meet up back here if we get split up."

"Alright mum." Luke rolled his eyes playfully. James just slapped his arm before he grabbed a can of pop.

I eyed the variety laid out on this fold up table. It was quite messy so I'm guessing the party was in full swing since long ago.

I grabbed a beer from the cooler as did Luke. We clashed out bottles before popping them open and chugging it down.

"So, not on that alcohol break anymore?" Luke smirked, referring to the last time we went clubbing in Toronto and I refused to drink.

I grinned and shook my head, "I'm warning you though, drunk Chloe gets a bit crazy."

"I don't mind," he smirked.

"Shots?" I returned the smirk, Luke nodded his head before looking at the table of drinks. He picked up a bottle of half finished Grey Goose and looked at me for assurance, "I like the flavoured stuff," I said, handing him a bottle of raspberry smirnoff. He went ahead and set up a row of plastic shot glasses and then filled them up to the rim with the vodka.