Chapter 7: Lucina

I walked over to Roy, who was quietly sitting, his sword right beside him. Slowly, I approached him, and when I got close, he snapped up and grabbed his sword in one motion, and pointed it at me.

"Whoa! Whoa! It's me, Roy!" I said, my hands up. Roy relaxed and lowered his sword.

"Sorry, Lucina. I've just been on edge..."

"Since Tabuu." I lowered my head, looking at the ground. "Yeah, me too." We stood there for awhile, reflecting on the past.

"So, what did you come here for?" Roy asked me.

"No real reason...I just saw you here, all alone...it kinda reminded me of my past, in my timeline." I answered.

"Oh." Roy said. "Is there anything I can do?"

"No." I smiled faintly. "I just needed to talk to someone."

"Alright. Anything else you need to talk about?"

"Yeah. Master Core." I said, and Roy inhaled sharply at the mention of Master Core's name.

"Yeah, he came on this ship, and we didn't know until he was in here."  Roy said.

"Well, that's...not good." I said.

"Yeah, no kidding."

"I heard he created versions of us to fight Meta Knight." I noted.

"I heard about that, too. Do you think..." It was Roy's turn to look at the ground.

"What?"

"Well...what if he comes back here? And he's got a ton of those shadow people?" He looked back up, staring into my mind with his magnificent eyes.

"We'll be fine, as long as we have each other. That includes Marth, Robin, Corrin..."

"Yeah, you're right..." He said. Slowly, we walked closer to each other...until I saw him contort in pain and a sword slide through his stomach.

"Roy!" The sword slid out of his stomach and he fell to the ground, revealing a Mii Swordfighter, dressed in black, with no eyes under his sunglasses..."Soulless." I spat.

"Close." The Mii said. "I am Heartless, an upgrade from Soulless." The Mii pointed his sword at Lucina. "And you are going to end up just like him." Heartless pointed his sword to Roy.

"Good luck. I doubt that you're going to last long." I said, and the alarm sounded. Heartless sneered.

"Then you're coming with me." He said, grabbing Roy's arm and mine. Suddenly, we vanished, and we were on the ground below the airship. No..! I thought, and Heartless laughed as he threw Roy's body to me. He landed on the ground with a heavy thud.

"Heartless...your name suits you." I said, fighting back tears. Heartless laughed.

"It does, huh?!" He charged at me. I got ready to defend, but suddenly he was right beside me and knocked me to the ground with his sword. What?! I lunged at him, and right as I was about to hit him, he vanished and stabbed my back. I flew forward, but righted myself and landed on my feet. I turned to face Heartless. "Not connecting much, hm?" Heartless smirked. "Guess you're not the fighter I made you out to be." I charged at him, and he blocked my attack, and then he wasn't there. Immediately I saw him behind me, but he grabbed me and threw me to the ground. Heartless laughed as I slowly rose to the ground.

"What...are y-you up..to?" I said, clutching my arm. Heartless smirked.

"Well, since you haven't figured it out already, I guess I should tell you. Master Core gave me a Power...one that lets me momentarily stop time! I can only stop time for about half a second, but it's enough to strike." Heartless said.

"Great..." I muttered. All of a sudden, Mewtwo appeared next to me.

Don't worry, Lucina. He said in my mind. I'll take care of him.

"No, I want to help!" I said.

You think I haven't dealt with people like him?! He said, and I felt the frustration in his voice. Does he have a past with Heartless? I immediately thought, but I felt bad as soon as I thought it.

"Mewtwo, just let me help you!" I shouted.

Fine. Just don't get yourself killed. He said, and charged at Heartless. Heartless surrounded himself in a blue aura, and then launched forward, spinning in a circle. Mewtwo side-stepped the attack and retaliated with his Disable, stunning Heartless. Mewtwo hit Heartless with a fully charged side Smash attack, knocking him back. Heartless recovered in mid-air, and landed. Mewtwo charged, but Heartless lunged forward, sword covered in energy. Mewtwo was hit, and flew in the air. Heartless jumped to Mewtwo's height and jabbed him three times in the stomach. Mewtwo flipped in mid-air.

"So this is the legendary Mewtwo? You're not so tough." Heartless mocked, and while he was distracted, I charged. But Heartless vanished, but I activated my shield as he tried to hit me with a Smash attack. I grabbed him and brought my knee to his face, then threw him to Mewtwo, who was charging a Smash attack and hit Heartless with it. Heartless landed and charged at Mewtwo, anger filling his face. Mewtwo simply side-stepped Heartless' dash attack and hit him with a down Smash attack. Heartless slowly stood up, weakly laughing.

"No matter...how hard..you...beat me...I...won't....give up!" Heartless said.

"We'll see!" I said, and charged, hitting him with all four hits of my Dancing Blade move. Mewtwo then knocked Heartless to the ground with a down air attack. Heartless slowly started to stand again.

"Alright, I know when I'm beat." Heartless said, his body starting to glow. "But..I'll take you guys out before I go!" There was a crack and a boom, and suddenly a white light filled my vision. No...I can't die! I thought. And then Mewtwo grabbed my arm, and we were back on the airship.

Don't worry, I got Roy. Mewtwo said. All of a sudden, a shockwave rocked the ship. Miis flooded us, taking Roy. Meta Knight appeared beside us.

"What happened to Roy? And does it have anything to do with that blast?!" He said.

"Roy and I were attacked by a new Mii Master Core created. The Mii's name is Heartless, and he just blew himself up, trying to take us with him." I explained.

I noticed this and teleported down to help. Mewtwo added.

"This is more serious than I thought, then." Meta Knight said. "Luckily, we're on our way to the biggest Subspace portal we can find, and Ganondorf is going to see if he can stretch it so we can infiltrate Master Core's base there." Meta Knight said.

"Let's see if you live to see it!" Master Core's voice shouted. Dang it..! I thought, and Master Core appeared. "I think I'll make someone you'll just love." He said, and black mist curled from his arms, and started to form into a whip...and someone from the past. I hissed at the sight of him.

"Tabuu!"