Chapter 1: Roomates

Hermione, Ginny, Ron, and I were walking with the rest of the Gryffindors to our common room. I was holding hands with Ginny and Ron's in Hermione's. The sorting just happened, so there are some first years chatting excitedly and looking around.

We got to the fat lady and found her freaking out. "Someone, someone has set fire the common room," she screamed. "It's okay, it's okay. Somebody go get Dumbledore. Another get Professor Mcgonagall," said a prefect.

"We're way ahead of you," said Professor Dumbledore with Professor Mcgonagall behind him. Kids moved out of their way to let them buy.

"Minerva, take these children to a different common room. Their luggage has not been delivered to their rooms yet, thank god. And please get Severus and get him up here as soon as possible," Dumbledore said calmly.

"Ok. Follow me children." Everyone was quiet when they walked back down the flights of stairs. The first years were not excitedly talking anymore. They looked scared and some of them on the verge of crying. I just noticed how hard Ginny was holding my hand.

Professor Mcgonagall walked us into the Great Hall. "Everyone stay here. I need to find Professor Snape quickly. Prefects, don't let anyone leave, no matter the reason." She ran out. The room burst into chatter.

"Who do you think did it?" Ron asked. "I don't know. It looked pretty bad though," I answered. "I wonder what house we will be bunking with for a while. I hope it's not Slytherin," Hermione shivered. "I hope it's ravenclaw," Ginny said. They sat there for what felt like hours chatting about what it would be like to live with the other houses.

~~~~~~

Professor Mcgonagall finally came back. "Alright kids. They stopped the fire, but it's pretty damaged. You might have to stay with another house for awhile. It might even be all year," Mcgonagall said. Some kids sighed. Ginny raised her hand. "Yes Ms. Weasley."

"What house will that be exactly?" she asked. Mcgonagall paused. "None of you are going to like this, I don't really like this, but Slytherin." Everyone started talking very loud. Nobody was happy.

"Quiet, QUIET! Now I know it's not the best thing, but it's Dumbledore's orders. You don't have to sit with them at lunch or anything. It's just somewhere for you to sleep. Now, we've got to get going. You're luggage has been set outside the room you are going to be living in. And please, do not make any trouble," said Mcgonagall.

She led them down to the dungeons and into the Slytherin common room. The walls were dark and the floor had black carpet on it. There were green curtains over the windows and Slytherin flags hanging about. There were black leather couches and armchairs in front of a roaring fire.

"I will see you all tomorrow. I will meet everyone in here to tell the whole story to you and the Slytherins. Girls, go to the staircase on the right. Boys, one on the left. Goodnight," said Professor Mcgonagall. She walked away.

Ron and I said goodbye to Hermione and Ginny and walked up the black staircase on the left. Once up them we looked around. There were seven hallways. One for each year. They made their way down the seventh one, assuming it was for seventh years. Instead of everyone in their year sleeping in one room, there was a bunch of little rooms. Each room had two beds and a bathroom.

We got halfway down when they found Ron's luggage outside of a room. "Well, I guess I stop here," he said. "Good luck." "Thanks. You to. Goodnight," I said. I walked all the way down to the end of the hallway. There was my luggage sitting outside a room. I grabbed everything, took a deep breath, and walked in.

It was a small room. Both sides had a queen sized bed nestled into the wall. In the wall at the foot of the beds were some drawers. At the end of the bed on the right was a door that goes into a fairly large bathroom with a shower and everything. The curtains on the beds were green. The wall was black. The floor was a dark wood and in the middle was a small circular rug that was black with one green stripe going all the way around.