|4|

Everyone in the diner turned to look at who had entered and some of the girls couldn't keep their eyes off of them. Even I couldn't not look at them if I tried, wherever they were whether all the attention was on them because they looked like they were right form a movie.

But the one guy who stood out the most, at least to me, was probably Anthony although he went by the name of Lil' Ant which I don't really understand why when the name Anthony was fine as it was.

As they all went to sit down I was finally able to count how many boys there was and their little trio consisted of 5 boys and I didn't even know any of them except Anthony and that was because we had a few classes together.

Carl, who was the manger, came out of the back and took his time walking over to me.

" Rachel since your just sitting there how about you go take table 5's order " he asked in his loud voice that sometimes tended to scare me a bit but this time what scared me wasn't his voice but the fact that table 5 was the table where Anthony and his loud friends were sitting at.

But not wanting Carl to yell at me like he did with the other workers I got my notepad and pen from the pocket of the apron I was wearing.

I walked to the table and stood there for 30 seconds and I was hoping someone would notice me but they were all busy talking to each other so I had to clear my voice.

But even after clearing my voice only one person turned towards me so I decided to speak up a little bit.

" Hi I'm here to take your orders " I said in a soft voice that I hoped that all of them had heard.

But only the guy closest to me did and gave me his order of a hamburger and some onion rings and some water.

Since the guy next to him was on his phone I just went to someone else and asked for their orders while I wrote them down.

" Um excuse me, but what would you like? " I finally asked the guy on his phone and he looked up surprised like he just now noticed me when I had been standing here do about 6 minutes now.

He gave me his order and last but not least I asked Anthony what he would like but I didn't expect his answer.

" Are you on the menu? " he asked with his famous smirk that he always seemed to have on his face.

" Wa-wait what? no? " I said confused but flustered at the same time.

" Is that a question? " he replied making all his friends chuckle.

" No " I said laughing lowly.

" Don't worry about me ma, I'm good " he said and I guess that was my signal to leave.

As I was walking away I could all his friends laughing and I started to feel self-conscious thinking they were laughing at me but when I turned around to look at them they were laughing at something on that one dudes phone but Anthony was looking up and he gave me a wink that sent my heart racing.

I gave the orders to the chef and I stood at the counter as I waited for him to ring the little bell since there was no more orders for me to take.

I had been standing there for about 8 minutes when the chef, whose name was Nathan by the way, rang the bell and I quickly but carefully put the plates on this huge tray we used when we had a lot of orders.

I was careful walking to table 5 so I wouldn't spill anything and as I brought the food to the table all the boys were paying attention this time and they all had these smiles like they were about to open presents on Christmas but I guess that was just the power of food.

I handed out the food to all of the guys except Anthony who hadn't ordered anything.

" Let me know if you guys need anything else " I said right before leaving not wanting to be around them longer then necessary.

I went back to being behind the counter and since no new costumer were coming in I decided to go back to my cards because it never hurts to study "too" much.

Just as I was getting back into the flow of the cards I felt someone sit on the stool in front of me and I looked up to see that it was none other then Anthony.

All of a sudden I could help but feel kind of embarrassed because do you know a person who study's even when they're at work, talk about inner nerd coming out.

" Ma you stay studying for tests that aren't even necessary " I heard a deep voice that said chills down my spine.

Anthony was actually a smart person when he put the work in, I mean I had some classes with him and in those classes we've talked a few times, there were times where I would catch him literally so focused on his work that creases formed on his forehead.

" The ACT is necessary Anthony, it could help you get into a good college if you get a good score " I said looking up at him slightly.

" You always preaching to me about how much school is important " he said giving me a low chuckle while lean back so that his lean body became for visible.

" Because it is, education is the key to many doors " I said looking at him but quickly put my head down feeling stupid for saying something that made me sound like a teacher or parent.

" Yo ma now you starting to sound just like Ms. Kane " he said laughing even more but I joined in because seeing him smiling and laughing was something rare and I felt kinda special for being able to make him comfortable around me.

But since people were giving us weird looks I stopped laughing thinking that they were probably wondering how a handsome guy like him was talking to someone like me.

" Why do you always do that ma? " Anthony asked in a serious voice

" Do what? " I replied

" Every time your laughing you stop and look at your feet like your afraid of someone seeing you happy " Anthony was actually quite scary when he was mad or serious so I decided to keep quiet but the next thing he said completely caught me off guard.

" ..and on another note, why's there a big bruise on you cheek and forehead? " he asked now angry.

My eyes widened as I took in his words and I felt so dumb for not putting enough concealer so that the bruises on my face could be completely hidden.

" I don't know what your talking about " I said with a shrug

I was hoping that he would drop the topic but knowing him he probably wouldn't.

" You know exactly what I'm talking about but don't worry ma, I'll find out on my own " he said while getting off the stole and going back to his group of friends.

I hoped he never finds out about how I got these bruises because I didn't want him to think of me as a bigger loser then I already was.

Vote & Comment