Conclusion

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday, Aniya!

Happy Birthday to you!

All eyes were on Aniya from the moment she and I stepped into the club.

I made sure my baby was laced in diamonds and platinum from her earrings, to her bracelets, all the way down to her anklets and toe rings.

You couldn't tell her she wasn't the baddest bitch in the building.

Male or female, everyone wanted to get a look at the birthday girl, and a few even tried to cop a feel as she walked by them.

All of the stares and glares didn't bother me a bit, especially when I'd had her on lockdown for the past few days leading up to her birthday.

Hell, why wouldn't I? If your sexy-ass girlfriend came to pick you up from Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in nothing but a thong and high heels, what would you have done to her?

I wasn't even mad about having to put my luggage in the trunk of the car once I slid in the passenger seat and figured out why she didn't get out to help me. Thank God for tinted windows! I still don't know how she managed to circle the airport until she picked me up, but I wasn't about to complain at all!

I played along with the devoted girlfriend routine she was playing to the hilt. I wanted to make sure she didn't know I already knew what she had been up to while I'd been gone. At the same time, I was definitely taking my business trip tryst to the grave with me. Two wrongs might not make a right, but in my mind, it was damn sure going to make us even, with the possibility of a mutually agreed upon slate cleaning so we could move forward.

Her birthday present tonight would ensure I wouldn't have to divulge my own indiscretion.

Teryn couldn't keep her eyes off Aniya, and a twinge of jealousy rumbled within my gut, but it was quelled immediately when she looked in my direction and mouthed the words, "I'm fucking you tonight, too, sexy."

My pussy couldn't have gotten wetter at any other point tonight.

Damn, what has she done to me?

I tried to maintain my focus. Teryn and I both had a part to play in this elaborate setup, and I couldn't let my libido get in the way of what needed to be done. I guess I could call off the dogs and let my baby enjoy her birthday party in one piece, but my desire to watch her grovel and plea to still be with me was of greater importance.

"Happy Birthday, baby," I leaned in close to say to her before the music drowned me out. "Are you having fun?"

"Yes, Daddi, I couldn't have asked for anything more," Aniya replied, grinning from ear to ear. She held my face in her hands and gave me a long, loving kiss. "I love you so much. You spoil me like no one else ever has."

The look in her eyes stirred up mixed emotions within me now. Her eyes were sincere, there was no denying it. I moved strands of her hair away from her face and I remembered why I fell for her in the first place.

I still wanted the upper hand. There was no denying that, either.

I was not about to lose my edge, even if I was deeply in love with her.

I excused myself from our table in the VIP section, kissing her again before I walked toward the front door. I knew Teryn would be there, waiting to set the plan in motion.