7

a/n
once again the song above inspired me, so please play it while reading c:

• • •

Juvia.

   "Hey, Gray- what if my green isn't your green?"

    "What?"

     "Juvia is suggesting that, maybe when we both look at a green fern, you see the colour the way I see yellow."

      "Then why would we both agree it is a green fern?"

      "Because perhaps your green is my yellow."

    What?

     Gray shook his head. He understood what Juvia was sort of getting at. But not really. "That could be possible," he said vaguely. If he just brushed her off, maybe she wouldn't notice he didn't understand.

     "Does Gray need Juvia to explain it again?" She asked from beside him in a sing song voice.

    "No, I get it. This fog is really thick." The swirling white mist was a heavy and humid kiss on his skin, making his robe stick to his back from sweat.

     Gray pressed his arm on his overheated head, trying to make out what was over the horizon. Juvia was a ball of azure and soft humming next to him, a blurr because she was probably skipping. Or jumping around. or something like that. He let his eyes wonder during their walk, resting at the leafy ceiling of tree branches, admiring the way the light weakly trickled through. This was the benefit of travelling on foot; you got plenty of time to admire small details while you hiked that you would otherwise be too busy to see.

    Gray squinted. He could swear he saw little moving figures ahead in the mist, but he didn't want to say so certainly. He and Juvia had been walking down the same wide road headed for the nearest village quite some time, where they were supposed to meet Ur and Lyon around halfway. However, the fog was so thick, their was no way to tell how far they really were.

     "Juvia? Do you see anybody?" He motioned to the distant horizon with his chin. Although the place where the sky met the land never got any closer, the approaching dark figures did.

      Juvia must have been squinting during the pause that followed. "Juvia thinks she sees two people- but she is not sure." She raised her hand halfway before hesitating, lowering it back to her side. "Should Juvia wave to them and see?"

     "Knock yourself out." Gray gave a sigh as Juvia gave a tiny, limp motion into the air. "Nobody's going to see that."

     "Hey there!" The casual voice that answered back was distinctively female's. As the figures got closer, Gray was able to make out a woman clad in dark clothes and a male walking steadily next to her.

      I still don't know how I'm going to present Juvia to Ur and Lyon.

      Speak of the devil, Gray felt something feebly tug at his robe's grey sleeves. "They did see my wave." Her breathe tickled his neck.

      "Hey Ur. Lyon." Gray called back. After a few more moments of treading on, and Gray worrying if Juvia's feet were sore from all the walking, -though he never asked her- they we're finally close enough that he could clearly see the Cheshire cat smile on Ur and the puzzled one of Lyon.