17

Thursday

Darren entered in my last hour class, Math.

He had a bouquet of yellow roses and had Chance following him.

"Would you like to go to prom with me, Maisie?" He asked. He smiled, his perfectly white teeth and blue eyes. His hair was still messy but it suited him. He was dressed in dark jeans and a white shirt.

He handed me the roses, "Yes" I smiled. I hugged him. He smells really good.

Chance started clapping. Darren and I pulled away and looked at Chance, who stopped clapping and coughed awkwardly.

I looked at Darren and started laughing.

"Cool" he smiled and awkwardly gave me a hug.

I smiled and sat down with the roses I got.

Friday

I stayed home on Friday to find a dress with Madison.

She got a mid thigh peach colored dress that had a bow on the back

I got a long blue dress that had sparkles on the chest and straps that wrapped behind the neck.

My mom came with us to help out with the dresses. She also paid to get our nails done that day.

Daniel went to order his suit and get measurements so he wouldn't have to rush in May to get it.

I went upstairs and took another shower after going to the stores to shop for prom a month in advance.

When I got out, I heard voices downstairs.

"Darren? Seriously? Isn't he a junior?"

"Yeah, that one" I heard Daniels voice laced with disgust.

"Didn't he get another girl pregnant too?" I couldn't recognize the voice.

"I don't know, I didn't have time to interrogate him"

"He tried messing with my little sister earlier this year, how did that even happen?"

"Dude, I don't know"

I walked downstairs slowly as I entered the living room.

I seen a tall tan guy sitting on the couch with Daniel.

"Aye, Sully" I greeted him. His eyes instantly went to my stomach but I pretended like I didn't see.

"Hey" he simply said.

I walked into the kitchen and began to search for a snack.

Cookies? No.

Raisins? Nah.

Leftover meatballs? Probably not.

Pickles? Yes, please.

I grabbed a fork and speared a pickle. I grabbed a paper towel and took the pickle off while wrapping it in the towel.

I went in the living room and sat in front of the TV.

"What are we watching?" I asked over my shoulder.

"Watch it and find out" Daniel said to me.

I groaned but watched it.

I watched a girl drinking a jug of Sunny D while she was walking.

Juno.

I stiffened up, "Uh, is there anything else on?" I asked awkwardly.

"But I want to watch this, it's funny" Daniel complained.

I groaned but watched it while eating my pickle.

-----

"I think I'm in love with you"

"As a friend?"

I giggled at his response to Juno.

I looked behind me to the two giants on the couch.

Daniel had his hand in the chips while he was sleeping and Sully hung his head back while snoring.

I watched the rest of the movie by myself.

That movie makes it seem like pregnancy is easy.

I looked at the time and realized it wasn't even that late. I put another movie in; Mean Girls.

I went down the hall to the hallway closet and brought out a couple of blankets to make a little bed on the floor. I went upstairs to grab a pillow from my room.

I got comfortable as the previews ended and the main menu popped up. I played the movie and enjoyed the rest of my day.