Chapter Thirty-Seven - My Date with Jeremy

~Alyssa~

For the rest of the day, I’ve felt kind of guilty for kissing Cole. I mean, I had a boyfriend and still I couldn’t control myself, not mentioning the fact I actually enjoyed the brief make-out session with Cole.  He, on the other hand, acted like it didn’t bother him at all, chatting with me cheerfully and cracking perverted jokes like it’s nobody’s business, but I can’t help but feel remorse gnaw at my heart. That made it hard for me to look straight into Cole’s eyes.

Especially when we brushed past Matthew at the lift lobby. It was horrible. I tried to avoid him at all costs for the whole day but it was hard to, probably because he was following me like a dog. Ugh, I felt like I was cheating on Matthew. Remind me never ever go on dates with other guys when you’re in a relationship. It isn’t worth it.

Saturday past by real slowly, and it took forever before Sunday arrived. Finally! I needed to get out of the hotel quick, away from Cole and Matthew until I sorted things out.

“Alyssa? Hello? Anyone there?” A familiar voice drifted into my mind and I broke off from my thoughts.

“Uh, yeah? What were you saying? ” I responded a moment slower, after finally registering the fact that Jeremy had been trying to grab my attention for-I’m-not-sure-how-long.

Jeremy smacked his forehead and sighed deeply before repeating. “I was saying,” He looked at me in the eyes and I nodded slowly, beckoning him to continue. Then, another long grandfather sigh escaped Jeremy’s lips. “Have you decided what to do yet?”

I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head. “Nope, no idea at all. I thought you were the one who suggested this whole friend-date thingy!” I cried out, exasperated. “Don’t you have an idea what to do?”

Jeremy broke into a wide grin. “Why yes,” He smirked mysteriously. “I thought you’d never ask.”

I rolled my eyes. If he had an idea, why did he even bother asking me in the beginning? Gosh, Jeremy and his bizarre way of thinking.

He slipped his right hand in his back pockets, while the left hand was on the steering wheel, and he fished out a crumpled piece of paper. It was awfully yellow and ancient and looked like it had been chucked somewhere for a very long time.

“Here.” He handed me the paper, his eyes not leaving the road.

I lifted a cynical eyebrow. “What’s this?”

His gaze flickered to me for a second as he flashed me one of those flawless smiles. “Open it and you’ll know, duh.”

“Fine.” I grumbled and gingerly unfolded the paper that seemed so fragile it would tear under my touch. The contents in the piece of paper made me gasp in shock.

Ally and Jelly-Poo’s Bucket list

·         Catch a meteoroid shower

·         Have a paintball fight

·         Ride a pony in the beach

·         Win an Eat-All-You-Can compititon

·         Perfawm 2gether in front of a crowd

·         Get into trobel with the police

·         Watch the sunset

·         Try out all 31 Baskin Robbin’s flavors

·         Get kicked out of the cinimah