Chapter 9

My Immortal ~ Evanescence

Carl

Ava hasn't woken up.

And it's been 6 hours. And I'm getting worried.

I know that ive only known her for a month and a half but I have this connection with her. I love her warming smile, her gentle laugh and her loving personality. Shes simply gorgeous. She helped me when I got shot, she went to get the supplies for me when I needed them most and she's been there for me when I was alone with no one to talk to except for their horse, Sage. Believe it or not, me and that horse have a connection and it's great.

...back to the point.

It was only me and Ava in her room. She was on her bed resting and I was beside her in a chair.

She went into shock when her mom got shot.

I felt tears brim my eyes as her breathing slowed down.

I slipped my hand into her cold one and squeezed it.

A tear felt down my cheek and I put my head in my lap.

"Ava, don't leave me, you're my best friend. I can't loose you, you've been there so may times for me and I never got to make it up to you. I owed you. And I still do. I have to make it up to you."

I looked at my feet and wiped away my tears.

I felt a squeeze on my hand and I gasped and looked at Ava and a smile was on her face.

"You already did." She whispered weakly.

I smiled and laughed and scooted closer to her.

I laughed quietly and her smile faded as her eyes froze and her chest stopped rising up and down.

"A-ava?" I asked. Nothing.

I shook her lightly her eyes still not coming off mine.

"Ava!" I checked her pulse. Nothing.

"S- someone help! She's not breathing!" I cried, hoping someone would hear me. Closing my eyes and reopening them, i lightly pressed my lips to Ava's cold forehead. I brushed her hair behind her ear with my right hand. Almost immediately, her hair whipped up and grabbed onto my hand and i yelped, jumping back.

"i'm not..dead yet." she whispered with short breath. "oh my god, Ava." i put a hand on my heart and let out a wheezed breath. I shot up and brought her weak body into a hug, my hat falling completely off my head.

"I thought I lost you." I whispered into her neck.

"You- you did?" She asked pulling away. She had sad eyes.

"I refused to get out if that room when you were in shock. They had  to try to grab me and I punched my dad because... I didn't want to leave you. I stayed by your side for 7 hours and got up to do nothing." I said a but of guilt in my voice. A blush creeped on my face.

She stood there with tears brimming her eyes. She said nothing but running into my arms and hugging the life out me. "Thank you."

*2 weeks later*

      Ava

I'm done. With everyone's bullshit. I'm done with Shane's bullshit, I'm done with Daryl and Carol's bullshit. I'm done with Glenn and Maggie's love bullshit. i'm done with my dad's bullshit.

But I don't know what im going to do without Carl. I'll sure miss that boy.

Tonight,... I'm going to run away. Get away from here. With Beth. She's tired of everyone's bullshit too, so she decided to come with me.

I went to my room and packed everything that I'll need on my 'trip'. I packed my journal, some clean clothes, my hunting knives, my pistol and my ammo, a few pictures of me and my family, a couple of water bottles, some simple to go snacks, and my necklace that Carl gave me. It was special. It was a silver heart that said 'forever' on it.

Beth walked in with a bag around her shoulder. She had a smile on her face.

"Ready to go?" She asked her smile fading.

"I guess." I picked up my bag and took one last glance before sighing and walking downstairs.

Everyone in the house was asleep. Except for Rick and Shane. Probably still dealing with that Randall dude.

Me and Beth creeped out the back door.

"Wait! I forgot something!" I whispered to Beth. She nodded and I walked back inside and went to Carl's room. I opened the door and walked slowly to him. He was lightly snoring with his hat over his face. I smiled to myself and held his hand.

"I'll see you soon." I said before kissing his warm cheek and heading back out to Beth.

Right at the gate far from the house , I looked back as we kept running.

I'll be back soon.

don't forget me.

i loved this ending sjnabd

Chapter 9 guys! I like this one so far it's the best one out of the whole book! So I have a few plans for the next chapter and I think y'all will like it a lot ;)

Vote & Comment!

Oh and don't forget to Spread Love 💖 and French Fries 🍟 !!