Chapter 16

"WHAT?!" Yoongi shouts as he hears Jungkook's announcement on the television. Jimin sits beside him wide eyed, shock scattered across his face.

"Why would he... he promised me... Kookie..." Yoongi doesn't possess the ability to form a coherent sentence as he watches Jungkook walk back into the line where his friends stand. Jimin stares at the boy as he walks slowly towards the television set. He gingerly places his hand on the screen on top of Jungkook and slowly makes a fist. 

"Why would he do this?" Yoongi asks no one in particular. Jimin gets off the couch and walks towards him, placing his hand on the boys shoulder and giving it a light squeeze. 

"Something must have convinced him to stay. It has nothing to do with you Yoongi-ah. Just talk to him." Jimin comforts in a low voice. Yoongi lets out a guttural groan and pushes off the tv screen, causing the television to totter slightly. Jimin catches it before it falls back onto the ground.

"Man he's a handful" Jimin whispers to himself but smiles at the boy's frustration as he sees him sit on the couch in the fetal position looking as cute as ever.

Suddenly Yoongi's phone rings and Jimin walks over to answer it when he sees the boy ignore it, probably aware that its Jungkook on the line.

"Yeoboseyo?" Jimin answers. Yoongi looks up and stares at the boy.

"Can you put Yoongi on the phone for me please?" Jungkook sounds frightened. Jimin complies and hands the phone over to the emotional boy. He grabs it but ends up throwing it across the room. Jimin sighs at his childish behavior but smiles and Yoongi takes note; Jungkook would have been scared or frustrated by it.

"He doesn't seem to want to talk" Jimin says once he had picked up the phone from the ground, first checking to make sure it wasn't shattered.

"He threw the phone didn't he?" Jimin laughs and replies in affirmation.

"Just tell him that I need to talk to him okay? I'll be up late tonight working with Taehyung for tomorrow's show so he can call me as late as he needs to" Jimin agrees to deliver the message and hangs up the phone.

"Violent are we?" Jimin laughs as he pretends to approach the boy cautiously, stepping forward with exaggerated steps but only moving about an inch at a time. Yoongi hides half his face with his knees and peeks out from behind them. He has a blank face as per usual.

"God you're like a rock" Jimin groans and plops down on the couch beside him.

"In my next life I want to be born a rock" Yoongi says blankly. Jimin blinks twice and stares at the boy, trying to wrap his head around what he just said.

"Are rocks born?" Is all he can say. Yoongi rolls his eyes and gets out of his current position.

"I'll call him back in the morning. I just want to sleep. You're welcome to hang around here," Yoongi waves to the orange haired boy and begins to make his way to the bedroom. Jimin smacks his palm against his forehead, thinking about how stupid it was to ask if rocks were born.

"Of course they're not," He says to himself. By the time he decides to catch up with Yoongi he slams the door in the boys face. Jimin stands around trying to figure out if he should go in or not. He needs someone, regardless of if he thinks he doesn't. He's all alone on a night where he was sure he wouldn't be. Yoongi is tough and doesn't usually let his emotions show but Jimin knew he was hurting right now, not angry like he tries to come across as.

"Yoongi I-" Jimin opens the door and runs in, face suddenly met with a piece of cloth being thrown at it. He peels it off and looks at the direction it came from.