Chapter 23

Jimin quickly runs out of the meeting room and inevitably slams into his hyung. The older boy catches him before he can fall to the ground but Jimin muscles his way out of Yoongi's grip and pushes him away, running outside towards his car. Yoongi follow him with concern and watches him crash into his car, trying to open the locked door desperately. He yanks at the handle hard as sobs erupt from within him, a mix of hysteria and sadness.

He can't breath, he's underwater again. The only life line tethering him to reality is the safety of the inside of the car where he can be alone. The handle is the only thing keeping him from losing himself again. Losing himself to the beautiful man he fell in love with and the struggles he feels guilty for putting him through. How can Taehyung care about him at all if he ruined everything?

"Jimin stop!" Yoongi shouts as he grabs the boy and pulls him away from the car. His grip is clasped tightly to the silver handle and his fingers burn underneath it from the heat of the metal. 

"Leave me alone!" He shouts. Yoongi let's him go abruptly and he falls back onto the ground. Yoongi grabs the car key's that Jimin had previously asked him to hold and throws it on the ground in front of him, crossing his arms and walking away.

Jimin stares at the keys as they reflect the bright sun off the sheen and onto his face. making the tears on his face glisten. He continues to sob as he watches Yoongi walk away.

"Wait" Jimin wails.  Yoongi turns around and walks over to the grounded boy. Grabbing the keys, Jimin stands up and grabs Yoongi's hand gingerly, leading him to the car and unlocking it. Jimin sits in the driver's seat while Yoongi rounds the corner to the passenger seat. Once the silence settles in the boys face each other. 

"What happened?" Yoongi asks sternly.

"Its... its Taehyung. The group of people Mr. Kahn called me in to get water for, it was Taehyung and the others. I... I never knew how I'd react if I saw him but everything just came rushing back and I-" Jimin let's out another sob and bites down hard on his lip. Yoongi leans over the center console and wraps his arms around the boy's neck.

"It's okay baby, it's okay." Yoongi coos. Jimin wipes away his own tears and glances back at the studio building. The door itself seems like a doorway to pain and sadness.

Yoongi brings his face incredibly close to Jimin's, the scent of mint circulating between the two. He whispers three words into the Jimin's ears that make him cringe.

"Talk to him" Jungkook says when the meeting is over. Taehyung's hand is shaking in his as they sit together in the meeting room that everyone else had already walked out of. 

"I want to but I doubt he does. Did you see the way he ran? It was like he was afraid of me" Taehyung presses his face against his hands and releases a shaky sigh.

"It doesn't matter what he wants. Eventually you're going to have to talk to him. He's going to be here working with Director Kahn, you can't avoid him. This show is the break you've been looking for, you can't push it away because of him." Taehyung looks up and into Jungkook's eyes, placing his hand on his cheek. 

"I'll talk to him. You should head home, see your... boyfriend." The magician chokes on the last word. Jungkook notices. Not like Taehyung is trying to keep it hidden at all in the first place. 

Rolling his eyes Jungkook stands up to leave. Taehyung grips his hand before he leaves, forcing him to stop in his tracks and look back.

"Come back this time" Taehyung begs. Jungkook looks at him, really looks at him.

His eyes a wide and burn a beautiful blue thanks to the contacts he was wearing that day. His mouth pouts out slightly and his gorgeous lightly tanned skin glows with natural moisture. Jungkook's heart beat rapidly and the skin touching his own shoots electricity through his entire body. He wants to come back, to see this face again and again.

Jungkook kneels down and sits on the back of his heels, facing this impossible man and placing his hands on the man's knees.

"I'll always come back"

He leaves the room and passes Hoseok on the way out. The normally happy man grimaces when he sees Taehyung leave the room just a few moments later. His expression softens when he sees a deep seated sadness in the magician's eyes. 

Hoseok wasn't there when the incident with Jimin happened and this entire time he felt like Taehyung was lying about what happened. The boy is always very careful with himself since he strains himself during practices anyways. Slipping at home wasn't something that this normally cautious boy would do. After taking care of Taehyung for the span of his injury and watching the depression he slipped into showed him that the story wasn't as viable as it seemed. 

Seeing Jimin again affected everyone. Hoseok was shocked about the coincidence but after what happened the last time he saw him, he wanted nothing more than for this to be over and for him to be gone again. 

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asks. Hoseok groans, the secrets that he's holding in his heart are churning inside of him and he can't stand it any longer.

"I'm... I'm..." Hoseok balls his hands into fists as he stares at his feet. At the moment he feels like exploding, feels like grabbing Taehyung by the collar and shaking some sense into him, pouring out everything he's witness in the background or these past few years they've been together. 

Jimin's anger at Taehyung, Jungkook kissing him, the speculation of Taehyung's lie, the worry from Taehyung's two years of depression, knowing that Jungkook wasn't single, knowing that Jimin knew Yoongi, everything this entire time he knew and for some reason he's held it in. He wanted to protect everyone, protect his friend, protect the maknae's boyfriend and reputation, protect Jimin's decision to leave. He's been thinking of everyone except himself and it was killing him. 

Just before Hoseok explodes, Seokjin comes over and flashes the two boys a smile, placing his hand on his lover's shoulder. Hoseok visibly relaxes and turns his full attention to the breathtakingly perfect man who stands before him.

"So what are we going to do about Jimin?" Seokjin asks Taehyung. The younger boy bites his lip and looks towards the door where Jimin exited from. The window is hazy but he can see two figures, both holding each other's hands, walking towards it.  The door opens, the sunlight illuminated the two bodies and causing them to be covered by the glare of it. When the door closes it can be clearly seen that the two boys are Jungkook and Yoongi. What isn't seen is the boy behind the door, waiting for the two boys to talk to the group and prepare them for what's to come.

*A/N* I know this update is a bit late, or it seems a bit late, idk the day's are blurring together and I am not ready for college to start up again XD Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's short but not super short so I hope it's satisfactory to my wonderful readers!