Prologue

A shriek split the air as Littlecloud raced out of the nursery and grabbed a strong stick and ran back to the nursery. Cindertail gripped the ground with needle sharp claws. Littlecloud lay the stick in front of her. Cindertail instantly bit into as a kit slid out. She didn't stop biting as Rockpool came in the nursery and sat next to her. Yet another slid out and not long after, the other. Cindertail panted. "The first is a boy!" Littlecloud said. "The other two are girls." He said. She turned and lay her head down as Littlecloud and Rockpool set them at her belly. They instantly began suckling. Cindertail smiled at the kits. She curled around them. Rockpool sat behind her. He smiled looking at their kits. "Do you have names planned out for them?" Little cloud asked the two parents. "I have a name for the tortishell tom, Adderkit." Cindertail said looking at her mate. "Its a lovely name, and Russetkit for the dark ginger she-kit." He said. Cindertail purred. "Its lovely. The black and grey she-kit will be Nightkit." She said and rested her head in between her paws. Russetkit and Adderkit were snuggled close to Cindertail. Nightkit was just close enough to get enough heat from her mother to last the night.