Chapter 9

Nightpaw stood at the entrance of her den for a moment. "All cats old enough to fend for themselves, gather beneath the Night Cave for a clan meeting!" Tigerstar yowled. Littlecloud stepped out of his den. 'She is going on with the naming.' He thought. When she heard the call she stepped away from the cave and stood under the cave. "Nightpaw." Tigerstar said. "From this moment on you will be known as Nightshade." Tigerstar said. "No." Nightpaw said. "Excuse me?!" Tigerstar snarled. "I said no. I will not be known as Nightshade." She growled. "Then you stay as Nightpaw!" Tigerstar snarled. "No. You said you would give me my name and then I would leave. I'm not leaving. Not until you give me a name I want." Nightpaw said giving her leader a cold stare. "What name would you LIKE?" Tigerstar growled. "Nightfall. In honor of the fallen. My brother." She snarled. "Oh, your weak brother. The one who couldn't fend for himself. Even though he came to these meetings saying he could?" Tigerstar snarled and leapt down. ShHe wasn't weak!" Nightpaw shouted furiously. "If he wasn't he would be alive right now!" Tigerstar shouted. "I DON'T SEE YOU WITH ANY SIBLINGS!" Nightpaw yowled. "Because...I..." Tigerstar studdered realizing Nightpaw had her trapped. "Because you don't have any. You can't relate to me or my sister." She snarled. "Then Nightfall it is." Tigerstar snarled. She gave a satisfied smirk knowing she won the argument. Nightfall turned and looked at Cindertail.