A Fellow Scarecrow//Wirt's POV

Wirt's POV:

The girl named (y/n) just asked me why I was staring at her oddly. And I don't know if I should fib! Or if I shouldn't becauseeeee If she really is telling the truth and I told her the truth... She'll think I am outrageous! But if she is lying and I tell her the truth a friendship may grow... I am not sure. But the description of the 'giant gnome' seemed to match me pretty well. And the kettle, that must've been Greg she was talking about. AND, at one point I WAS covered in roots of an oak tree.

"Can I look at the book... Please?" I sheepishly asked obviously avoiding the question.

"I mean I guess. But... Remember it is a kid's fairy tale and is totally not a personal journal I wrote and drew when I drowned on Halloween." (Y/n) added a very weird part that seemed too descriptive and oddly familiar.
'WAIT A SECOND. THAT EXACT SAME THING-besides the journal writing-HAPPENED TO GREG AND I.' My mind was blown. I slowly grabbed the journal from her hands and flipped through the pages. One page read:

" Day 1:
I woke up a while ago and found myself lost in the creepy woods. I found a face on a tree that looks very much like my grandpa's face. That was very scary but I was a little bit happy to see a form of him a again. After hours of searching I stumbled upon a school house. I am currently eating potato and molasses! It is oddly satisfy. NOTE. TO SELF: MAKE THIS WHEN I GET HOME "

'Potato and molasses! That is what Greg made! She was there right after Greg and I were! And I am also glad to know the school animals enjoyed Greg's so called "recipe".'

"So, how is it so far?" (Y/n) broke my train of thoughts leading me to answer her.

"It is... Interesting. Say, random question, but what were you for Halloween?" I asked (y/n) needing to know if I had accidentally bumped into her without realizing.

"Well, I like to go all out, so I was a scarecrow with like hay stuffed in my sleeves, my hair in 2 pigtails with a straw hat, a worn out plaid shirt tucked into my overalls, my dad's HUGE boots, and to top it all off some creepy makeup making me look like I have buttons for eyes when I close them, and stitched lips when my mouth was shut!" (Y/n) had explained her whole entire halloween costume to me. I swear I remember seeing a scarecrow in PotsField with the exact description... Well all scarecrows look like that. BUT! I somewhat always saw trails of hay here and there.

"So, what were YOU for Halloween? Might as well ask since you did the same to me!" She chuckled and gave me a warm smile.

"Well... Uhh... Funny coincidence! I was a-"

"(Y/a)! Robbie! You two both come inside, it is dinner time. You can both play tomorrow." I heard a voice through the opened door behind us.

"Well, sorry I gotta go. We can talk tomorrow if you want. It is a Saturday tomorrow, so we have all the time to ask each other questions. But umm. I have to say. I may be a little awkward. Because I have been bulli-. Nevermind. Just forget the last sentence, okay? Well bye Wirt, and bye Greg! C'mon Robbie we gotta eat dinner or else you will be eating dirt for the rest of the night!" She joked. That really reminded me of Beatrice's mother feeding me dirt. Has she met her as well? Well was (y/n) even in the 'unknown' in the first place?

"Bye Robbie, the rock stealer! Bye miss. (Y/n)! I will bring Jason Funderburker over tomorrow!" Greg shouted in joy although they had already left to go eat inside.

"Greg,"

"Yes Wirt?"

"Why are we still on (y/n)'s lawn/porch?"

"Because I need to pick these flowers for Jason Funderburker! Miss (y/n) grows really pretty flowers!"

"Oh no. Greg don't pick their flowers!" I lifted Greg up and plopped him on one of my shoulders. He was heavier than I last remembered,but it'll be embarrassing to place him down panting... Infront of (y/n)'s window. So I walked to our house which was only 3 houses down to the right. Before I knew it, I was in my bedroom alone and with a surprise in my hands. I looked down and didn't expect it at all. (Y/n)'s journal. I forgot all about it, and I forgot to give it back to her. Oh shoot. This is bad. This is bad. Well... I guess it wouldn't hurt reading through it.
--Time skip to morning--
I woke up to a book on my face. I must've fallen asleep while reading. Because these note are SUPER descriptive and it just brings back all of the good and bad memories. I decided to get started with the day, firstly by rinsing my face.

...

"NUUUUU! I got ink on my forehead! Dang it!" I soon discovered they were words on my forehead that was backwards. I must've drooled on the page letting the ink turn fresh again and then inking my forehead...GREAT. The ink stamped my forehead with I think the words "Journal of the 'Unknown' " . I shook my head and asked what kind of title is that. Then it quickly hit me. (Y/N) WAS IN THE UNKOWN WHILE WE WERE." I ran into my bedroom and looked if I ruined the page with my drool.

"Offff corse you did." I mumbled through my frown.

"How am I supposed to tell (y/n) that I ruined her journal... WITH MY DROOL. I just can't turn in her hard work with like this!"I panicked and eventually ended up making up a story.

--Time skip to 5:00 p.m.--
Aghhh!! Greg wants to play with Robbie. So that means I have to meet (y/n), not that I don't like her, it is just that I don't want to confront her about the journal.

"C'mon Jason Funderburker! You gotta meet Rock stealer! And his side kick miss (Y/n)! AND their koo-koo sister that likes Wirt and... That group of stars that looks like a gourd (I think that is what is is called... You know, like a spoon/ladle thingy-and referring to Dipper)!"

That moment still clung onto me. That little girl sure does like...me. Why can't Sara be like that to me?